• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

105º F in Wisconsin?

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007

Normal July in central California.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341965957.822299.jpg

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Fortunately, a cold front just hit my area. The high for today is only 95. :confused: It's comical hearing the weatherman say cold front and mid to low 90's in the same sentence.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
that does sound a bit funny.....daily temps here is currently averagin 16 degrees - very pleasant weather for Golf. pitty i'm stuck at the office!!!:oops:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, the heat didn't bother me, but the incredibly slow and retarded play of the guys I played with from work did. I wont even say how long it took. Searching for balls so far in the **** it was like watching the Kevin Na hole... on numerous occasions. They are friends who don't really play and we were the only ones out there so it wasn't the end of the world, but after a while it was like just drop one and hit it... damn. I've had days where I hit less trees too.

You could have played with me!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It is very hot and also humid here, but I managed to hit a few buckets at the driving range.
It's really a wide-spread heat wave. Here in the Midwest, we are breaking records that go back to the 1800's. (Some would say I'm old enough to remember being there!) We're not supposed to drop below triple-digit highs for the next week +. Our son and family live just south of you in the DC area. They've been complaining of the heat there. North, Midwest, East... The Country is burning up.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
It's so hot and dry here that we are hitting record drives. It's crazy how firm the courses are around here. 350 yard drives are not uncommon. We've been hitting wedges into some of the shorter par 5's.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It has cooled off a bit and we had a couple of rains now so the courses are playing nice and golf has been a real joy the last couple times out.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
nututhugame

I'll be living in Oshkosh as of August 1st. Don't know if we'll get out again. I played Pet yesterday and sucked (48). Had a blow up snowman on #8.

VAGolf

MHS Varsity Golf 09'
Aug 15, 2008
Me and my cousins played when it was 104 here, and damn it if i didnt play my best round this year

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.