• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

12 over on the front......WTH?!?!?!

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Played yesterday, beautiful day. High was 78. Teed off at 8:30, tripled number one, doubled number two.....WTF!?!?!?..............Just couldnt do anything right.....shot 12 over on the front. Then on the back, shot 5 over. I had 5 pars....played well on the back, played like I know I can....The tale of two 9's......golfs a crazy game.:p

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Played yesterday, beautiful day. High was 78. Teed off at 8:30, tripled number one, doubled number two.....WTF!?!?!?..............Just couldnt do anything right.....shot 12 over on the front. Then on the back, shot 5 over. I had 5 pars....played well on the back, played like I know I can....The tale of two 9's......golfs a crazy game.:p

Typical for me...i shoot 9's that will put me in the high 70's to mid 80's sometimes if i can carry that on to the back nine...never happens though...i screw it all up on the back nine and end up 100+ or at least high 90's....but sometimes the front if i'm feeling especially froggy that day.

If i ever figure this game out, i'll let ya know...:dead:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Join the club. I had some rough scores down in FL. At least I didn't go over 50 for a 9 though, lol. I chalk it up to winter rust. Short game was not up to par at all but gradually got better. That and a few errant shots a round cost big strokes. Man I hate doubles but triples are like inexcusable. They just crack me mentally. I try my best to recall the time I started triple-double at Triggs and shot 82. It's certainly still salvageable.

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
After I was 5 over thru 2,:eek:....I told my playing buddies that "I would rather jab a knife into my thigh, that wouldnt be as painful as this"...:biglol:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
There is a 4 hole stretch at my home course that invariably I will blow up on either during the front 9 or back 9. It's a 9 hole course btw. The other day I shot 7 over on the front, and was playing lights out on the back. I was only 3 over par, but playing better than that, until I hit that 4 hole stretch. Triple, double, triple, triple, arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:(

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Sounds like my round last Friday. I didn't screw the pooch on the front or the back but rather about 9 random holes sprinkled throughout the round. It was a day for pars and double bogeys with a triple thrown in for good measure. :real angry:

I choose to focus on how I played the last hole though, a 589yd par 5 with an uphill approach to the green. I split the fairway off tee then put a 4W to about 105 out. Put my approach on the back, upper tier, of the green (pin was in front of course). Hit a sweet lag putt for a kick-in par. I know what I have to work on (short game was REALLY REALLY rusty and I was fighting a cast all day) but I walked off the course on a high and I will take that into my practice time.

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
I know how you feel. I finished the front with a 46 yesterday, I felt like I had a chance to break 90 for the first time since I usually to better on the back. No dice! I finished with a horrible 55 on the back. I'm blaming it on being my first round of the year and being out of shape, I got tired and my swing got sloppy.

DH

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Hell, I play shit on the front, good on the back all the time.

DaGris- We need to play at St. Mountain one day.. I played there and it was NICE!

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Hell, I play shit on the front, good on the back all the time.

DaGris- We need to play at St. Mountain one day.. I played there and it was NICE!
WHERES THAT?

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
.......just sitting here thinking about my round,....my driver and irons were great,...it was my short game. I missed allot of putts.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Doesn't it always come down to short game? I played today at Triggs with Twofast. Chipped in for par after chili dipping my 60* (or should I say my former 60* now). I ended up with a double and 2 bogies to shoot +4. Then on the front side (started on 10) the short game just left me. I hit some chunky chips from really shitty lies, ball in a hole pretty much. Then I make a GD triple on the easiest little par 4 on the course. Could have hit 4i-PW into the GD thing. I was puking up stokes all over the place and ended up at +11 on that side for an 87. It's like I was just looking for a way not to break 90.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Ive thought about it... at least replacing it with a newer Ping Kartsen since my ol Anser2 has a "wobbly" topline and an allignment line that is probably off... but its mostly me.
It was at the pitch n putt, and the practice green is decent, but the actual greens are bumpy and slower... So my 30ft putt , 1st putt,... I only got halfway there... 2nd putt, got me halfway there again...3rd putt...7 footer I decided to add some ooomph, and I blew it past the hole... had another 7 footer left, thought I had things figured out...so 4th putt I blew it 5 feet past....5th putt I tapped it to a foot, 6th putt I tapped it in..

Par 31, shot a 40, 5 girs, with 23 putts.... 2.2 putts per GIR is bad, missed two 6 footers for birdie, and one 3 putt, but was on the wrong side of the big hump in the green. Two putted from 30+ feet twice (not bad), made 1/2 par putts from 5 feet.

Good news is I found an aspiring PGA Pro to give me lessons at a discounted rate... I intend to get him to fix my putting.

Members online

No members online now.