• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Wisconsin ST Open

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
WBL posted: Geez you guys. I had already HIT that shot and it was right ON the pin BTW... :D And no beers because this course is on the "Baptist Assembly" land.... (But everyone except Mike1218 had a few after at the restaurant in Green Lake)... :D

Yeah.........on the pin but 40 yards short of the green (just kidding.......it was right on the fringe in front). Everyone had a few beers after at the restaurant............except me. I had VODKA/tonic.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Always been owned by the Baptist Assembly.......BIG BUCKS. Big beautiful houses, big motel, big expensive everything. A Baptist "retreat" I guess you would call it. $88 to play 18 with a cart. Bag boys load up the carts, clean your clubs..........1st class all the way. Have to enter through big iron gates and get ticket from gate guard. Kind of like something Michael Jackson would own.........LOL.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Looks like you guys had a great time. I definitely need to make it up to the great white (wet?) north for one of these events. I would love to play with you guys, it looks like you had a blast.

Oh, and I almost never drink beer while I'm playing unless it's business golf and the others are drinking. It messes up my timing something awful. :laugh:

After the round though, bring me a cold one and keep 'em coming. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Oh, and I almost never drink beer while I'm playing unless it's business golf and the others are drinking. It messes up my timing something awful. :laugh:

League night starts end ends with a nice brown ale from the tap... then some Labbat Blues from the cart girl mid round since that is all she serves that isn't bud or miller. We don't take our golf all that seriously up here, although I'd rather play any of our A flight guys them being sober then with a few beers, cause once the lube is going those boys go low.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Pretty cool playing with them actually. zaphod's son Eric has been asked to play for a number of the state Universities. He is scratch and easily hits all his drives over 300. See the ST forum (Wisconsin outing) for pictures of him swinging.

Here is zaphod last year... He's lost one of himself on his diet.
zaphod.jpg

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Looking good Zaphod

It was fun dressing up especially when Eric joined in. The hat is going to stay in wardrobe for sure and I believe I will use the outfit for a few more scrambles (events). A tribute to the gentlemen of yore--Snead, Hogan, Jones etc plus the greatest generation ( I'm a boomer). For the other tribute Elwood and Jake were "too cool".

Am going to be looking for a nice Fidora. Eric says Salvation Army store or Goodwill is a good start. Our local Practical Sense had one but my hat size is 7+3/8 + even with the hair deficiency and buzz cut.

be chilly out there!!!!!

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
It was fun dressing up especially when Eric joined in. The hat is going to stay in wardrobe for sure and I believe I will use the outfit for a few more scrambles (events). A tribute to the gentlemen of yore--Snead, Hogan, Jones etc plus the greatest generation ( I'm a boomer). For the other tribute Elwood and Jake were "too cool".

Am going to be looking for a nice Fidora. Eric says Salvation Army store or Goodwill is a good start. Our local Practical Sense had one but my hat size is 7+3/8 + even with the hair deficiency and buzz cut.

be chilly out there!!!!!

If we're doing "days of yore," someone should break out a kilt and tam o'shanter hat the next time we play.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Great, now I am going to have to pick up a Payne Stewart style outfit to keep pace with everyone else. That would be pretty cool to show up for an outing & have us all dressed up weird. Who wants Sergio or Villegas outfits? WBL would look great as Jesper Parnevik!
6a00d834703ef169e200e54f45df0d8833-800wi.jpg
camilovillegas.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.