• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 Handicap Goals

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
LOL!

AG dropping 3 strokes will get him down to a 0... or is it a +0? :D

Definitely +0 :)

3 strokes doesn't seem like much but it'll be tough to do. I'm going to have to get my sh!t together. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm really close to achieving a huge goal for me. I have been doubtful that I could ever do it, but if I do...I'll have to buy some bigger hats.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Definitely +0 :)

3 strokes doesn't seem like much but it'll be tough to do. I'm going to have to get my sh!t together. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm really close to achieving a huge goal for me. I have been doubtful that I could ever do it, but if I do...I'll have to buy some bigger hats.
3 strokes isn't much when you're talking about going from, say, 28 to 25... but from 3 to +zero is extraordinarily difficult. If you make it, you'll be in something like the top 0.5% of golfers (citation needed).

PooN

Jan 23, 2013
waukesha, wi
Country
Don't. I think it has little to do with natural talent. IMO, anyone can get to scratch. I'm just a complete golf nerd. It's all I think about. I've been obsessed since the day I started.

Scratch is pretty hard to get to no matter how obsessed a person is... it takes a lot of time on the course (and money) to get grooved enough to shoot par or below consistently. It's not like it's just a matter of the mind. :)

My goal this season is to play in the single digits and also to get a handful of eagle opportunities this year.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Consistently playing to a 9 handicap, have shot scores of 4 and 5 over par a few times now so would love to drop down a couple of points.
I'll say I'll aim for a 7 handicap this seasons end. If my drives can be sorted out I'll hit that no problem.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Scratch is pretty hard to get to no matter how obsessed a person is... it takes a lot of time on the course (and money) to get grooved enough to shoot par or below consistently. It's not like it's just a matter of the mind. :)
I guess my post was misleading in that it appeared to say all I do is sit around the house and daydream of shooting par. The calluses on my hands would say differently though. It takes a ton of dedication just to get to single digits. My point was, if you want something bad enough, you can get it.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I guess my post was misleading in that it appeared to say all I do is sit around the house and daydream of shooting par. The calluses on my hands would say differently though. It takes a ton of dedication just to get to single digits. My point was, if you want something bad enough, you can get it.
So what you're saying is that instead of daydreaming about shooting par you just sit around the house and j...... ah nevermind.

PooN

Jan 23, 2013
waukesha, wi
Country
So what you're saying is that instead of daydreaming about shooting par you just sit around the house and j...... ah nevermind.
I've heard of going to the range and beating balls... but staying at home and doing it is a bit different and will likely not get you any closer to shooting par.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I currently do not maintain a handicap. I have thought about re-establishing one so I can enter the Phoenix City Ameatuer tournemant. However the ret of the ameatuer tournements in Arizona are run by the AGA and the entry fees are $150 and up. That would violate my rule of not paying more per hour than I make per hour.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.