• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Memorial

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I will weigh in a little here, and I mean a little. Part of the PGA players length comes from the course setup. These courses are setup perfect and allow for a little more run out. When I got the chance to play the Scottsdale TPC after the Phoenix Open a number of years ago I noticed that on the rare occurrence I found the fairway my ball ran out quite a bit more than I was used to.
True, but these guys are flying the ball well over 300 in the air.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I am playing a 47" v2 driver shaft. This club is rated at a stiff flex. However, there is an entire chorus of voices that say it is too stiff when cut shorter. The harmonics get destroyed / changed when any string is shortened. The frequency, or Hertz, or cycles per minute become higher given a standardized input of swing energy. Perhaps, for the first time in golf history, swing frequency, ( if you had ball bearings instead of vertabrae) could be named after Shottalk. The Shottalk Swing Frequency per Minute, or SFM.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I am playing a 47" v2 driver shaft. This club is rated at a stiff flex. However, there is an entire chorus of voices that say it is too stiff when cut shorter. The harmonics get destroyed / changed when any string is shortened. The frequency, or Hertz, or cycles per minute become higher given a standardized input of swing energy. Perhaps, for the first time in golf history, swing frequency, ( if you had ball bearings instead of vertabrae) could be named after Shottalk. The Shottalk Swing Frequency per Minute, or SFM.
"Hit it STRAIGHT."
ShotTalk Resonance And Integrated Graphite Harmonic Tone.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Looking at the play-by-play, he hit a bunch of <100 yard shots over a 3-hole stretch. He also had a 1-stroke penalty after he dumped a 30-yard chip into a bunker. Wonder what happened?
I don't know, I haven't had coverage on today. Regardless, it was a monumental collapse.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
But the course conditions were perfect yesterday. You gotta grade on the condition curve too.

Members online

No members online now.