• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 - Predictions Challenge

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm just thinking the fizzle will probably happen as a result of injury. Where's my voodoo doll!

And I think Rory will shine almost as much as Caroline's rock!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
What about if you fizzle misses a cut? Someone is going to need a spread sheet.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One way of keeping it front of mind is to throw a little incentive in such as if your 'sizzle' guy wins a major you get one point.

Anyone like that little proposal?
Don't see how it will work. Jim picked WGR #1 to "sizzle". He's expecting him to win a number of tournaments, including some majors, to sizzle. And, for all practical purposes, seeing Woods win a major would not surprise anyone.
OTOH, others picked up and coming players. These players could card a bunch of seconds and thirds in tournaments and have much more "sizzle" than WGR #1 winning the thing. To give additional points for a win, give an overall advantage to the ones who picked WGR #1, #2, etc. to sizzle. Am I correct in that thinking?

What about the newbie who wanted into the game? We had a cutoff date, just before this first tournament of the year began. It's always good when we can see more participation from new posters on ShotTalk. Yet, the way this contest is set up it's also tough to bring anyone in after the bell has rung. When I win all the balls from you other participants, I wouldn't mind winning a sleeve from him also. Just don't know how it would work, since we've already seen some "sizzlers sizzle" and some "fizzlers fizzle".

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Don't see how it will work. Jim picked WGR #1 to "sizzle". He's expecting him to win a number of tournaments, including some majors, to sizzle. And, for all practical purposes, seeing Woods win a major would not surprise anyone.
OTOH, others picked up and coming players. These players could card a bunch of seconds and thirds in tournaments and have much more "sizzle" than WGR #1 winning the thing. To give additional points for a win, give an overall advantage to the ones who picked WGR #1, #2, etc. to sizzle. Am I correct in that thinking?

What about the newbie who wanted into the game? We had a cutoff date, just before this first tournament of the year began. It's always good when we can see more participation from new posters on ShotTalk. Yet, the way this contest is set up it's also tough to bring anyone in after the bell has rung. When I win all the balls from you other participants, I wouldn't mind winning a sleeve from him also. Just don't know how it would work, since we've already seen some "sizzlers sizzle" and some "fizzlers fizzle".
Tis a good point Limp, what says the rest of ye???

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

I don't see a correlation between being top of the WGR and winning tournaments. Seeing as it took a long time for Tiger to relinquish the spot even as he barely played. I don't think giving people points based on wins is going to help much, the points the WGR is based upon is weighted towards the winners as it is, so you would be compounding that...it probably wouldn't change much in the end. Plus, it makes the calculation much more complicated. I don't see that it's necessary.

As far as letting people in after the bell rang, I don't think that's a good idea. I hate to stifle newbies that want to participate, but if we let one in late, we have to let others in late. So I would say no late entries, let them know about the major's competitions we have.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.