• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 US Open Discussion Thread

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Holes to change pars, sloped teeing areas at Chambers

Holes to change pars sloped teeing areas at Chambers Golf Channel

The U.S. Open at Chambers Bay will conclude with a risk-reward par-5 at the 18th. Unless it's playing as a par-4 that day.

USGA executive director mike Davis conceded that the pars of the first and 18th holes will be fluid when the tournament heads to the Pacific Northwest next month for the first time in its history. The two holes will play to a collective par of nine, but the par of each individual hole could change on a round-to-round basis.

"It all got down to the architecture of the course," Davis told reporters at U.S. Open media day. "The drive zones as a par 4 and par 5 for both those holes are completely different. There's a risk-reward element to both holes."

Davis added that there could be some other quirks to the course setup, a par-70 that will play between 7,200 and 7,600 yards each day.

"In some cases we may end up putting tee markers on slight slopes," Davis said. "There may be some where we give the players a little downhill slope, a little uphill slope, a side slope. So that's interesting."

With 50 days until the first round begins, Davis expects that the trophy will be won by a player who puts in his time preparing for the unique venue outside Seattle.

"I would contend that there is no way, no way a player would have success here at Chambers Bay unless he really studies the golf course and learns it," Davis said. "The idea of coming in and playing two practice rounds and having your caddie just walk it and using your yardage book, that person's done. (He) will not win the U.S. Open."

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I have an opportunity to go play there in May before they close it to the public for $60....tempting beyond measure...like AZGreg at a high school dance recital

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I have an opportunity to go play there in May before they close it to the public for $60....tempting beyond measure...like AZGreg at a high school dance recital
I was the best dancer at the prom.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I was the best dancer at the prom.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

Wow that brings back a flood of memories. My first disappointment came when AC Slater made me want to be brown. I got over it only to have the Fresh Prince make me wish I was black, #forever-uncool-pale-northdakota-boy

🔥 Latest posts

Members online