• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016 Pebble Beach Pro-Am

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
From PGATOUR.com:
"This year’s celebrity list includes newcomers Mark Wahlberg and Toby Keith, which helped lure partners Watson (Wahlberg) and Steve Stricker (Keith). Justin Timberlake returns after a six-year hiatus, prompting Rose to sign up. … Other celebs: Musicians Jake Owen, Colt Ford, Huey Lewis and Kenny G, actors Andy Garcia, Ray Romano and Josh Duhamel, NFL quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, pro surfer Kelly Slater. Alas, no Bill Murray..."

"Alas, no Bill Murray"

No. Bill. Murray.

I can watch the Pro-Am again!!! :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A pro-am to die for. How I'd like to play in that. *sigh*

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One golf tourney I could never watch. When I would try, all the cameras would show were the likes of Bill Murray, Chris Berman, Ray Romano, etc... bad swings and idiots whose egos are bigger than the Game. If I wanted to see the bad swings, I'd simply set on the patio at our course and watch guys like myself tee off. If I wanted to watch egotistical idiots trying to be funny, might as well just walk through a bar in this college town after the frat boys are soused.
Sorry! Many enjoy the format. And, I understand it raises significant dollars for charity. Just not something I can watch.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
One golf tourney I could never watch. When I would try, all the cameras would show were the likes of Bill Murray, Chris Berman, Ray Romano, etc... bad swings and idiots whose egos are bigger than the Game. If I wanted to see the bad swings, I'd simply set on the patio at our course and watch guys like myself tee off. If I wanted to watch egotistical idiots trying to be funny, might as well just walk through a bar in this college town after the frat boys are soused.
Sorry! Many enjoy the format. And, I understand it raises significant dollars for charity. Just not something I can watch.
Bill Murray won't be there. It's safe to watch.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
You said it, man!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I do like to watch it, but there is a bit too much goof with the celebrities. If I wanna see bad golf shots, I'll film myself.......

I think the fault lies with the network. They spread the cheese way too thick.

When a microphone and camera is thrust towards them, the celebs just react to an invitation to act like an annoying goofball.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
I think the fault lies with the network. They spread the cheese way too thick.

When a microphone and camera is thrust towards them, the celebs just react to invitation to act like an annoying goofball.

You mean like putting a keyboard in front of some people?

🔥 Latest posts