• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016 US Open Discussion Thread

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
I love jack and Coke. However, it once led to an incident involving a baseball glove, tub of Crisco, 3 pounds of salt water taffy,Glark and a credit card bill I still can't explain.

fify

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
This is the farthest a topic has gone away from the original intent in this forum hehehe

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Made some changes in my "challenge" picks. Oakmont... Known for extremely quick and wicked greens. Also requires accuracy off the tee due to the "church pew" bunkers. Distance off the tee won't help if you are buried in a bunker. When you 3-jack a green, you have to have the mental stability to put it behind you and move on.

Fowler has not been sharp this year. Neither has Spieth. Spieth is not known for being able to put bad holes in the past and concentrate on the holes in front. DJ has been playing well, but his putter can be his worst enemy. I don't know that Day is healthy, but it's difficult to bet against him. Patrick Reed has been stellar this year, but I don't think his emotional stability will tolerate those greens. At this point in time, I've changed to....
Stenson: His accuracy off the tee and putting are both strong suits.
Zach Johnson: Same, but has made a fortune with his SeeMore putter.
Oosthuisen: Same good accuracy off tee box and excellent putter.
Jason Day: Again, can't bet against him. Not known for his driving ability, but is good with the flat stick.

All above subject to change numerous times in the next week or so.......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sorry if getting back on topic upsets Tea....................................

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Sorry if getting back on topic upsets Tea....................................

All good here Limp. I read your post with interest. I like your reasoning.

Although, I might have have gone for 3 of the usual suspects I tried to pick mine on form. My dark horse is Russell Knox. He has been improving nicely in the last 12 months.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
All good here Limp. I read your post with interest. I like your reasoning.

Although, I might have have gone for 3 of the usual suspects I tried to pick mine on form. My dark horse is Russell Knox. He has been improving nicely in the last 12 months.
And, I still really want to work Kuchar into the mix. He's been playing well... and he is so much fun to watch. Cannot imagine how wide that grin would be if he won a Major.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
And, I still really want to work Kuchar into the mix. He's been playing well... and he is so much fun to watch. Cannot imagine how wide that grin would be if he won a Major.
Matty is a class act but I'm not backing off my 4. And since I'm the defending US Open Champ my opinion is the only one that matters :D

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online