• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 NFL Season Thread

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
When you watch the Packers without Rodgers you understand how really good he is. Hundley does a good job of chewing gum but that's about it. And their defense(?) is showing why they need Rodgers to score 40+ points a game for them to win.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

Rings say nothing about a QB. Would Brady have won them playing for the Packers? I highly doubt it. Would Rodgers have won 5 playing for the Patriots? Most probably. It’s a team game, a coach game. A lot of things are involved. I don’t deny Brady is a superb player and would have a difficult time not thinking he is a top 3 all-time QB, but today, Rodgers is a better QB pound by pound.

Trent Difler has a SB Ring. So does Brad Johnson. Marino, Kelly and Moon have none. Rodgers, Favre, and Brees have as many as McMahon and Diffler. Please tell me which of this examples make better QB for having rings.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Rings say nothing about a QB. Would Brady have won them playing for the Packers? I highly doubt it. Would Rodgers have won 5 playing for the Patriots? Most probably. It’s a team game, a coach game. A lot of things are involved. I don’t deny Brady is a superb player and would have a difficult time not thinking he is a top 3 all-time QB, but today, Rodgers is a better QB pound by pound.

Trent Difler has a SB Ring. So does Brad Johnson. Marino, Kelly and Moon have none. Rodgers, Favre, and Brees have as many as McMahon and Diffler. Please tell me which of this examples make better QB for having rings.

^^^this.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

Without Googling, name the running backs and wide receivers on the first three SB teams. Brady had next to nothing for offensive talent for most of his career, he just found a way to win games. Brady probably would have won 7 or 8 if he played for the Packers.:D

Rogers has a better arm and moves better than Brady, but in the end, it comes down to winning games. Nobody does that better than Brady.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Terry Bradshaw has 4 rings & I don't know if its because he is just very modest or what but he has come right out & said they won those rings as a team and not because of him. Has claimed he was just an average QB in a great system surrounded by great players.

Look at the 49ers of the 80s. They have Joe Montana who won what 2-3 rings? & Then they plug Steve Young and didn't miss a beat. I will always use Dilfer and McMahon as examples of lousy QB's who have a ring in spite of themselves.

Plus Rodgers into that Patriot lineup & he would have 6-7 rings.. Brady has a great O line and gets time to throw the ball whereas Rodgers spends half the game running for his life. And Capers has needed to go for years, his defense sucks and they have a few several over rated players such as Clay Matthews who I have felt should have been used as trade bait a few years ago. Misses a lot of games for stuff like his hair has split ends.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
My family turns on me this time every year. #lonelyBroncosFan

20171112_185046.jpg

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Brady is a good QB no doubt. He has also been very fortunate to have been in a good situation for a long time. Same Coach etc... Plus he is the only QB in the NFL that has a wife that makes more than he does.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Terry Bradshaw has 4 rings & I don't know if its because he is just very modest or what but he has come right out & said they won those rings as a team and not because of him. Has claimed he was just an average QB in a great system surrounded by great players.

Look at the 49ers of the 80s. They have Joe Montana who won what 2-3 rings? & Then they plug Steve Young and didn't miss a beat. I will always use Dilfer and McMahon as examples of lousy QB's who have a ring in spite of themselves.

Plus Rodgers into that Patriot lineup & he would have 6-7 rings.. Brady has a great O line and gets time to throw the ball whereas Rodgers spends half the game running for his life. And Capers has needed to go for years, his defense sucks and they have a few several over rated players such as Clay Matthews who I have felt should have been used as trade bait a few years ago. Misses a lot of games for stuff like his hair has split ends.
Bradshaw, Young, and Montana were pre-salary cap era. They could keep their stud players forever with little chance of them moving on to other teams. Brady has had and endless turn over year to year as the Pats will not overpay.

Patriots O line great? Have you watched a Pats game in the last 15 years? Just rewatch the first three quarters of last year’s Super Bowl. They are adequate at best. Brady has learned how to get rid of the ball fast. Something the running QB’s tend to struggle with as they trust their legs too much.

Rodgers is a top notch QB, but he would not succeed in Belichick’s system. Short controlled passing game that replaces the running game. Rodgers skill set lies downfield and in his ability to run. The Pat’s O line has never been good enough to allow that style of play, and is why Rodgers has been getting his clock cleaned lately in GB. Brady has been able to succeed with limited protection.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.