• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2017 Sizzle/Fizzle Thread

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lets just do this by calendar year? I never know when the actual seasons start/end...and we missed the official 'start' of the 2016-2017 season according to the PGA website...soo...

Alright, I think everyone here knows the rules, however, for any newcomers I will lay them out below:

• Pick 1 PGA Tour professional golfer to Sizzle, this means you believe his WGR score will go up between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Pick 1 PGA Tour professional golfer to Fizzle, this means you believe his WGR score will go down between now and the end of the PGA season.
Picks are due by next Thursday January 12th @ 12:00 AM! Scores will be recorded when I get around to it on that Thursday. End scores will be recorded somewhere around the end of 2017.

I will start a spreadsheet and note the current WGR scores of everyone's picks, at the end of the year, I will get their scores again and do the calculations. The calculation is below:

(SizzleEndWGR - SizzleStartWGR) + (-(FizzleEndWGR - FizzleStartWGR)) = Total Adjusted Score

So for an example - Both the Fizzle and the Sizzle gain, the gain of the fizzle hurts your score.

Sizzle Start Score : 10
Sizzle End Score: 20
Fizzle Start Score: 5
Fizzle End Score: 10

( 20 - 10) + ( - ( 10 - 5) ) =
( 10 ) + (-(5)) =
( 10 ) + ( -5 ) = 5

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. If anyone wants to put some skin in the game, I'm willing to hold as I have done before for this forum.

beeno374

Mar 31, 2013
Cape Town
Country
South Africa South Africa
Sizzle: Tiger (how can he not move up in the rankings being so low down currently. Just needs a few good finishes and a W)
Fizzle: Phil (just because of the surgeries)

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Man, starting to regret playing this. For a moment I was rooting for Chris Kirk to fail, and that's not something I'm very proud of.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online