• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 Open Championship Discussion Thread

T

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Yep, it’ll be his bridge too far. Speith is in the driver’s seat.

Don't count out Schauffele as well. Tied for the lead but without the added attention of being in the final group. I like his chances tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Couldn’t resist! [emoji16]
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1532216312.025101.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Could be another one of those Sundays filled with nail-biting excitement. Spieth... Kisner… Molinari... All can post low rounds. Kuch... Woods... Rose... Fleetwood... None are out of it, just really would need a handful of really proven players to upchuck all over themselves.

Watched some early this morning and was then on the road for a couple of hours. Caught the last few holes. Seemed this morning all they wanted to show was Woods. I think we saw ever single shot he made. They would flash to other players while he was walking to his ball, but immediately back to him. He's a television audience favorite and a commentator favorite.

Not playing this weekend. Will hope to be watching tomorrow's entire round.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Ugh...calling this course beautiful is like saying that the fat girl in the corner has a really nice personality...WATER THE COURSE YOU IDIOTS...this dump looks like a tired old muni on the verge of shutting down

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
They are waaayyyy short on moisture this year... just like we are in Kansas! Our fairways are still mostly green but it's taking between 250,000 and 325,000 gallon of irrigation water daily to keep them so. One of the local courses in town uses City water for their course. The past two months their water bill has been almost $60,000! A course a few miles down the road has assessed each of its members $100/month until the drought softens. Some have even left the course rather than pay the additional costs for water. What are they going to do? Go play the goat track down the road?
I don't know if Carnoustie even has an irrigation system for their fairways. Is there a water restriction in the area? It's links style golf. Links golf is typically flat and fast fairways with pot bunkers along the way to grab the "runner". Did think it was interesting when they showed Justin Leonard dribbling a basketball on one of the fairways this morning.
Personally, I sorta like the change. IMHO, we've become spoiled here with the manicured, plush courses. When golf was born, sheep and goats were the "mowers". The Game has come a long way. Carnoustie has played an important part in the history of Golf for a couple hundred years. I'd love to have the opportunity to play it.

T

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Ugh...calling this course beautiful is like saying that the fat girl in the corner has a really nice personality...WATER THE COURSE YOU IDIOTS...this dump looks like a tired old muni on the verge of shutting down

With all due respect, seems like you are a fan of the American style game. Best tune out of The Open and into the Barbasol [emoji23][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, the commentators have already awarded the Claret Jug. Listening to Johnny Miller, the Open Championship is over for 2018. May be. Will see.

Members online