• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 Open Championship Discussion Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Well, the commentators have already awarded the Claret Jug. Listening to Johnny Miller, the Open Championship is over for 2018. May be. Will see.
Your first mistake was listening to Johnny Miller. :D

At Carnasty, it’s not over until the last putt is holed. Just ask Van de Velde.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
123.gif

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Rory joint leader after 15. Will he run out of holes ...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I thought the stupid golf fans were only in the States. Some wanker just shouted in the middle of Tiger’s swing on the 18th tee. It appears the disease has spread across the Atlantic.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Looks like it's Molinari... the first Italian to win a Major. Schauffele has quite a hill to climb to save par on 17. The fan was idiotic. The marshals can't control stupidity. What they could have controlled is the baby that had Schauffele back off more than once on 17. Ask her to take the kid and move our of earshot. Get a babysitter. Don't bring a toddler to the front row of a major championship gallery!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
More good young talent on display. Schauffele was stellar. Still goes to show the current talent pool is the size of an ocean. So many out there that can... and do... contend on tournament Sunday. Keeps the game so exciting when you go into the last round with no idea who will crash and who will catch fire.
I do feel Molinari had one advantage. He and Woods both played solid golf. Hole after hole, Molinari just kept his head down and played par golf. OTOH, Spieth seemed to know he'd lost it early and did not play well. It can be difficult to focus on your own game when the playing partner is in trouble off so many tee boxes and can't seem to get a ball close to the hole.
Fun tournament!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, start engraving the Claret Jug. It’s over.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online