• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 Squad Sizzle/Fizzle

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
***CHANGES BELOW***

We are now doing a squad!! Each contestant(you) gets to pick 3 golfers to sizzle, and another 3 golfers to fizzle.

• Pick 3 PGA Tour professional golfers to Sizzle, this means you believe their WGR 'Average points' will increase between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Pick 3 PGA Tour professional golfers to Fizzle, this means you believe their WGR 'Average Points' will decrease between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Please spell out their entire real name in your picks. Try to only have one post where you make your picks, just makes it easier for me. Thanks.
Picks are due by next Thursday January 18th @ 12:00 AM! Scores will be recorded when I get around to it on that Thursday. End scores will be recorded as of January 1 2019.

The actual calculation has not changed for this year, we just sum up the totals at the end; The calculation for each pair(1 sizzle and 1 fizzle) is below:

(SizzleEndWGR - SizzleStartWGR) + (-(FizzleEndWGR - FizzleStartWGR)) = Total Adjusted Score(TAS)

At that point we will sum the TAS for your three sets of picks and that will be your final score for the competition.

So for an example - Both the Fizzle and the Sizzle gain, the gain of the fizzle hurts your TAS.

Sizzle Start Score : 10
Sizzle End Score: 20
Fizzle Start Score: 5
Fizzle End Score: 10

( 20 - 10) + ( - ( 10 - 5) ) =
( 10 ) + (-(5)) =
( 10 ) + ( -5 ) = 5

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. If anyone wants to put some skin in the game, I'm willing to hold as I have done before for this forum.

@Fairwaysplitter3320 could you unpin the 2017 thread and pin this one? Thanks.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
***CHANGES BELOW***

We are now doing a squad!! Each contestant(you) gets to pick 3 golfers to sizzle, and another 3 golfers to fizzle.

• Pick 3 PGA Tour professional golfers to Sizzle, this means you believe their WGR 'Average points' will increase between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Pick 3 PGA Tour professional golfers to Fizzle, this means you believe their WGR 'Average Points' will decrease between now and the end of the PGA season.
  • Please spell out their entire real name in your picks. Try to only have one post where you make your picks, just makes it easier for me. Thanks.
Picks are due by next Thursday January 18th @ 12:00 AM! Scores will be recorded when I get around to it on that Thursday. End scores will be recorded as of January 1 2019.

The actual calculation has not changed for this year, we just sum up the totals at the end; The calculation for each pair(1 sizzle and 1 fizzle) is below:

(SizzleEndWGR - SizzleStartWGR) + (-(FizzleEndWGR - FizzleStartWGR)) = Total Adjusted Score(TAS)

At that point we will sum the TAS for your three sets of picks and that will be your final score for the competition.

So for an example - Both the Fizzle and the Sizzle gain, the gain of the fizzle hurts your TAS.

Sizzle Start Score : 10
Sizzle End Score: 20
Fizzle Start Score: 5
Fizzle End Score: 10

( 20 - 10) + ( - ( 10 - 5) ) =
( 10 ) + (-(5)) =
( 10 ) + ( -5 ) = 5

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. If anyone wants to put some skin in the game, I'm willing to hold as I have done before for this forum.

@Fairwaysplitter3320 could you unpin the 2017 thread and pin this one? Thanks.
Pinned.

Here are the rankings at the end of 2017:

http://dps.endavadigital.net/owgr/doc/content/archive/2017/owgr52f2017.pdf

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sizzle:
Xander Schauffele