• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2019-2020 NFL Season

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I'm thinking it's bye bye Brady...retirement time.
He doesn’t sound like a guy wanting to retire. Maybe it’s time, but I think he still has something to prove in his mind.

I find all the speculation a bit humorous about how he wants to go to another team and that he will not give a hometown discount to the Pats on a new contract. Belichick has proven time and time again that he will not overpay aging veterans, and unless there is another team willing to fork over the cash for a year or two dog and pony show, his best chance to win is staying in New England. What team on the edge of contention is going to bring in a 42 year old QB who has worked for twenty years in the same system which is different than most other offensive systems for a ton of cap space and a two to three year window?

It could happen, I guess, but I am not sure that the end result would be worth it for Brady and the team that signs him.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
He doesn’t sound like a guy wanting to retire. Maybe it’s time, but I think he still has something to prove in his mind.

I find all the speculation a bit humorous about how he wants to go to another team and that he will not give a hometown discount to the Pats on a new contract. Belichick has proven time and time again that he will not overpay aging veterans, and unless there is another team willing to fork over the cash for a year or two dog and pony show, his best chance to win is staying in New England. What team on the edge of contention is going to bring in a 42 year old QB who has worked for twenty years in the same system which is different than most other offensive systems for a ton of cap space and a two to three year window?

It could happen, I guess, but I am not sure that the end result would be worth it for Brady and the team that signs him.
I don't think they can come back next year and do much better than this year, which just hurts Brady. Hence, I think he should retire and move on. Not like he needs the money or the accolades, he already (deservedly so) has both.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I don't think they can come back next year and do much better than this year, which just hurts Brady. Hence, I think he should retire and move on. Not like he needs the money or the accolades, he already (deservedly so) has both.
The Pats are just one good pass catcher from being top drawer again. The AB thing and Josh Gordon relapse killed them. Only Edelman could get open and once everyone figured that out they doubled him. Sanu could be that guy with a full offseason with the team, but one good FA signing could be the difference.

That being said, TB12 is getting a bit ripe on the vine. I would love to see him get one more ring and retire.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Former Pats doing well this offseason.

Bill O’Brien, W with the Texans.
Mike Vrabel, W with the Titans.

While I would love to see B O’B win a SB, until someone knocks off the Ravens, they are the team to beat.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Former Pats doing well this offseason.

Bill O’Brien, W with the Texans.
Mike Vrabel, W with the Titans.

While I would love to see B O’B win a SB, until someone knocks off the Ravens, they are the team to beat.
I think the only team that has a chance of doing that is San Francisco. Now that I've said that it will probably be KC vs GB in the SB.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Both have to get through next weekend, but I could see a Chiefs/Ravens rematch be a better ball game than the SB.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.