• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2019 Season - General Discussions and Whatnots

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Holy shit, the $80/night Howard Johnson 30 miles away in Salinas is $855 the weekend of the US Open. The 2-star hotels in Monterey are over a grand.

Damn, guys... hope you use lube at least.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Holy shit, the $80/night Howard Johnson 30 miles away in Salinas is $855 the weekend of the US Open. The 2-star hotels in Monterey are over a grand.

Damn, guys... hope you use lube at least.
Try Air B&B, B&Bs, want ads from people renting a room out, or take a backpack and a tent - KOA campground.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This 'dust up' with Kuch's caddy is difficult to watch unfold. The guy was promised $4,000 if Kuch made the top ten. Kuch won so handed him an envelope with $5,000 in cash. This guy makes $200/day when he's working as a course caddy. The $5,000 was above what they had agreed upon and was a nice bonus.
Since this was a course caddy and had never been on Kuch's bag, he didn't know yardages Kuch would hit certain irons. He did have local knowledge of the course, but zero familiarity with Kuch and his play. Kuch's payday was $1.3 million for the win. The caddy says $130,000 should have been his bonus. Sounds like Kuch's agent offered the guy $15,000... unbeknownst to Kuch… just to make it go away. The caddy said he wouldn't settle for anything less than $30,000.
As Kuch said, it sounds as if 'someone' got in the caddy's ear and told him to push for a bigger payday.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
This 'dust up' with Kuch's caddy is difficult to watch unfold. The guy was promised $4,000 if Kuch made the top ten. Kuch won so handed him an envelope with $5,000 in cash. This guy makes $200/day when he's working as a course caddy. The $5,000 was above what they had agreed upon and was a nice bonus.
Since this was a course caddy and had never been on Kuch's bag, he didn't know yardages Kuch would hit certain irons. He did have local knowledge of the course, but zero familiarity with Kuch and his play. Kuch's payday was $1.3 million for the win. The caddy says $130,000 should have been his bonus. Sounds like Kuch's agent offered the guy $15,000... unbeknownst to Kuch… just to make it go away. The caddy said he wouldn't settle for anything less than $30,000.
As Kuch said, it sounds as if 'someone' got in the caddy's ear and told him to push for a bigger payday.
My question would be just how much did the local caddy assisted him? If he just handed him clubs then what he received was more than sufficient. I don't know. If the guy agreed to terms then what is the complaint. If I'm in the caddy's shoes, I would have negotiated a bump in pay if Kuchar won prior. To back track and then complain after the fact seems ungrateful.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Justin Thomas drives a 415 yard par 4 today. They say the altitude is a little higher, but not where it should assist all that much. 415 yard drive!!! WBL will be checking what driver Thomas was using and be trading for one shortly!!!:D

Tony Finau drove the same green!

I can't imagine anyone hitting a ball 415 yards and, if they did, to hit a target as small as a green. If the snow ever leaves, I gotta find out what these guys are eatin'!!

Last edited:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Dustin was carrying the ball 370 yards on the range, so looks like 10-15% altitude gain. Rory carried a 2 iron 300 yards onto a par 4, :eek:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Dustin was carrying the ball 370 yards on the range, so looks like 10-15% altitude gain. Rory carried a 2 iron 300 yards onto a par 4, :eek:
So... let's see. 400+ yard drives. 300 yard 2-irons. Altitude? Does that mean if you get high you can hit the ball significantly longer? Asking for a friend.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
So... let's see. 400+ yard drives. 300 yard 2-irons. Altitude? Does that mean if you get high you can hit the ball significantly longer? Asking for a friend.

Try planting some of Carl Spackler's Bent.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What the heck happened to Kuch today?? Was right at the top of the leader board the first two rounds. Then carded a 79 today to drop 28 places on the board.
Lots of eagles being carded. Drivable par 4's and short par 5's.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.