• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2019 Season - General Discussions and Whatnots

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
They wanted to move the PGA to earlier in the year. Instead of being in August, it is now in May. That shoved the Player's to March... The Masters, April... PGA, May.... U.S. Open, June... Open Championship, July. I would think that for many of the big name players, they may just pack it in after the Open Championship.
And then the TOUR Championship is in August.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Jason Day's bad back... healed for The Player's. Woods' stiff neck... healed for The Player's.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Vicodin, baby, yeaaahh!!! :D
200.gif

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You ever played on Vicodin? I played once with a still-healing broken left hand, and once with a bruised sternum. The sternum was pretty uncomfortable but man was my swing... fluid. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You ever played on Vicodin? I played once with a still-healing broken left hand, and once with a bruised sternum. The sternum was pretty uncomfortable but man was my swing... fluid. :D
I've told the story on here before. Woke up on a Friday morning in late 2004 with a kidney stone. Wife took me to the ER. They gave me some really good pain medication. Put a stent in between the kidney and bladder. Needed the stent to reduce inflammation until the machine that blows them up would be in town the following Wednesday. Sent me home doped up on the pain meds... and with a prescription for Vicodin.
Had an early morning tee time on Saturday with the guys. Drove to the golf course... even though I wasn't supposed to drive. Played the full 18 holes, peeing blood about every 6 holes. The guys told me I was crazy... and they weren't far from the truth! Played pretty well, IIRC!!
Went in the following Wednesday and they blew up the stone with the machine. Left the stent in for a week until all the gravel was run through. Doc told me to come into his office and have the stent removed. Laid me out on the table in his office. NO pain meds... NO anesthetic. Felt like the flashlight he used had "D" size batteries. Shoved it up where nothing is supposed to go, looking for the end of the stent. Followed that with some machine that I rally believe was just a pair of channel lock pliers. Moving both of those tools around inside the bladder, he finally said, "I think I've got hold of it."
The BIG FAT red-haired nurse laid down across my feet and said, "Better grab hold 'cause this might sting a little!" What??!!! Tools shoved up through you know where, playing mechanic in my bladder and she says something might "sting". The doc pulled the stent out through... well, you know.... and waved it in front of my face. "Now was that really all that bad?"
So... YES! I have played golf on Vicodin while peeing blood!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My first kidney stone was in the summer of 1977. Working on a construction crew putting the roof on a skating rink. Stone hit me at breakfast and one of the crew took me to the ER. They shot me full of morphine and sent me back to the jobsite. I climbed up 20 feet in the air and was dancing on red-iron. Crew drug me back down to the ground and wouldn't let me back in the air. I passed that one the next day.
1981, had another hit me on a jobsite. No pain with that one, just peeing blood. To the ER where we were. That doc did surgery, cutting my side open and going into the kidney. Still have a big scar. Off work for quite a while.
Passed 8 or 9 more over the years. June 1994, was sitting in the ER in Abilene, Texas waiting to be admitted for pain meds. Watched O.J. and his "Bronco chase" while in the waiting room. Passed that one at a turnpike rest stop the next day on our way back to Kansas.
The 2004 stone was the last one. They say the occurrence rate drops considerably the older you get. Hope that was the last one forever. No fun.... except for the drugs!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I've told the story on here before. Woke up on a Friday morning in late 2004 with a kidney stone. Wife took me to the ER. They gave me some really good pain medication. Put a stent in between the kidney and bladder. Needed the stent to reduce inflammation until the machine that blows them up would be in town the following Wednesday. Sent me home doped up on the pain meds... and with a prescription for Vicodin.
Had an early morning tee time on Saturday with the guys. Drove to the golf course... even though I wasn't supposed to drive. Played the full 18 holes, peeing blood about every 6 holes. The guys told me I was crazy... and they weren't far from the truth! Played pretty well, IIRC!!
Went in the following Wednesday and they blew up the stone with the machine. Left the stent in for a week until all the gravel was run through. Doc told me to come into his office and have the stent removed. Laid me out on the table in his office. NO pain meds... NO anesthetic. Felt like the flashlight he used had "D" size batteries. Shoved it up where nothing is supposed to go, looking for the end of the stent. Followed that with some machine that I rally believe was just a pair of channel lock pliers. Moving both of those tools around inside the bladder, he finally said, "I think I've got hold of it."
The BIG FAT red-haired nurse laid down across my feet and said, "Better grab hold 'cause this might sting a little!" What??!!! Tools shoved up through you know where, playing mechanic in my bladder and she says something might "sting". The doc pulled the stent out through... well, you know.... and waved it in front of my face. "Now was that really all that bad?"
So... YES! I have played golf on Vicodin while peeing blood!!!!

You sir are the ultimate warrior...or crazy af. ‍♂️

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You sir are the ultimate warrior...or crazy af. ‍♂️
Meeting at course last night. Greens Superintendent was there. Said he looked out the maintenance shop window, yesterday morning, and saw someone walking from #1 to #2. Told the staff, "There is only one person crazy enough or stupid enough to be out there in cold rain playing golf." And... I was! But, I had talked one other into accompanying me!!! So... I'm not the only one!:D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Meeting at course last night. Greens Superintendent was there. Said he looked out the maintenance shop window, yesterday morning, and saw someone walking from #1 to #2. Told the staff, "There is only one person crazy enough or stupid enough to be out there in cold rain playing golf." And... I was! But, I had talked one other into accompanying me!!! So... I'm not the only one!:D
You're the man Limp, you're the man.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
He followed it up by draining a 46 footer for birdie, then 3-putted then next hole. :poop: :) :poop:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online