• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020-2021 NFL Season

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I fear Elway was way better at QB than he is at running the show. I miss the days when we were always contending for AFC West title. After Manning retired, we fizzled.

To be fair the “old” AFC West was pretty bad. The Seahawks were a joke through most of the &0’s and 90’s. The Chiefs...Chargers were pretty blah in the 80’s. The Raiders would put it together every so often but went into a funk after Bo.

It was fun to watch them in their SB runs with TD. And also to be fair, Elway took some pretty Drexel teams to the SB.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I fear Elway was way better at QB than he is at running the show. I miss the days when we were always contending for AFC West title. After Manning retired, we fizzled.
I understand Elway has been extremely successful with his ownership of a number of auto dealerships. He didn't sell cars through his early career, he played football. Hence, he had to hire professionals in the auto industry to manage the dealerships and make them successful. As a former player... and a pretty good player... I fear he is micromanaging the Broncos where he allows his hired managers to handle the dealerships. Some of the best golf teachers aren't that good at playing the game. Some of the best PGA players would never have the patience to correct my "roping a runaway steer" golf swing. If Elway would step aside and let a management team run the Broncos organization, could they return to some semblance of success??

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I see a "like" button, but no "boo! hiss! burn the witch!" button.
The unexpected bye week is forcing me to scramble on my fantasy team as my first round pick, Henry, is now riding the pine.

I am hoping that this is a one time incident, but sadly, it is probably only the beginning.

Last edited:

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
The unexpected bye week is forcing me to scramble on my fantasy team as my first round pick, Henry, is now riding the pine.

I am hoping that his is a one time incident, but sadly, it is probably only the beginning.
I guess I can just watch the Falcons for three quarters, and turn them off before their Q4 collapse.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I guess I can just watch the Falcons for three quarters, and turn them off before their Q4 collapse.
But you will be missing the best part of the game.;)

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Broncos vs Jets tonight. Tune in as two 0-3 teams battle it out to see who can be less bad than the other team.
Someone has to win.....although, a 0 - 0 tie game is theoretically possible.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Pats vs Chiefs game now on hold as Cam Newton tested positive for Covid. Tentatively rescheduled for Mon or Tue, but who knows for sure.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Monday at 6:00 Central Time. I thought the Mahommes/Newton matchup would be fun to watch. Hope both teams are hitting on all cylinders. Just wish we had Howard Cosell on MNF to do the commentary.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online