• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2020 Season - General Discussions

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The all time money list. Adam Scott moves up. Looking at the list, it’s no surprise it contains FedEx Cup winners.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1581966269.219105.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
The all time money list. Adam Scott moves up. Looking at the list, it’s no surprise it contains FedEx Cup winners.

View attachment 31881
I'd like to see the index of total earnings divided by #-of-years-on-Tour. I'm thinking Dustin Johnson may with that one.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'd like to see the index of total earnings divided by #-of-years-on-Tour. I'm thinking Dustin Johnson may with that one.

I think you’re right. Don’t forget Johnson served a mysterious period of suspension.

Impressive to see Vijay still high up on the list, and Furyk. There was a time that Vijay was winning like crazy-one year he had like 12 wins.

And he was a Fedex Cup winner.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Impressive to see Vijay still high up on the list, and Furyk. There was a time that Vijay was winning like crazy-one year he had like 12 wins.
Vijay was last generation's Patrick Reed. Singh was banned from the Asian Tour in 1985 for allegedly changing a scorecard to make the cut in a tournament. He left competitive golf for a short while. Came back and began a stellar career on the PGA. But, his controversies were not over. In 2003, he made some remarks about Anika Sorenstam's entry into a PGA tournament. He stood by the remarks and caught quite a bit of flack. He kept winning and winning big. After orthoscopic knee surgery, in 2013 admitted to using deer antler spray. Said he was not aware when he used it that this was a banned chemical. The PGA was sued by Singh for the negative effect on his character. That suit was settled out of court and the agreement was never made public.
We watched Vijay's boy grow up through the years. Seemed every tournament, his wife and son followed him and would always be there to greet him in the winners circle. I always enjoyed his head down, focused attitude never seeming to allow all the controversies take away from his talent.
Patrick Reed, even at his young age, has had controversy after controversy. Reed's game appears sharp as we approach the date for The Masters. Reed can be difficult to like. Arrogant. Yet, stays among the best players in today's game.
How many times was there controversy over Tiger Woods drops or a score card issue, etc.? This game is not without issues of alleged cheating/miscues. And, until every player in a tournament has a television camera focused on each and every shot... no one will know how many more situations could be highlighted in the replay videos.
As we see DeChambeau and Reed dueling to the last hole of today's tournament, is the slow play and unconventional methodology of DeChambeau or the "bad boy" mantra of Reed more dangerous to the future of the game?? Did Vijay hurt the Game of Golf? Not in my opinion.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Vijay was last generation's Patrick Reed. Singh was banned from the Asian Tour in 1985 for allegedly changing a scorecard to make the cut in a tournament. He left competitive golf for a short while. Came back and began a stellar career on the PGA. But, his controversies were not over. In 2003, he made some remarks about Anika Sorenstam's entry into a PGA tournament. He stood by the remarks and caught quite a bit of flack. He kept winning and winning big. After orthoscopic knee surgery, in 2013 admitted to using deer antler spray. Said he was not aware when he used it that this was a banned chemical. The PGA was sued by Singh for the negative effect on his character. That suit was settled out of court and the agreement was never made public.
We watched Vijay's boy grow up through the years. Seemed every tournament, his wife and son followed him and would always be there to greet him in the winners circle. I always enjoyed his head down, focused attitude never seeming to allow all the controversies take away from his talent.
Patrick Reed, even at his young age, has had controversy after controversy. Reed's game appears sharp as we approach the date for The Masters. Reed can be difficult to like. Arrogant. Yet, stays among the best players in today's game.
How many times was there controversy over Tiger Woods drops or a score card issue, etc.? This game is not without issues of alleged cheating/miscues. And, until every player in a tournament has a television camera focused on each and every shot... no one will know how many more situations could be highlighted in the replay videos.
As we see DeChambeau and Reed dueling to the last hole of today's tournament, is the slow play and unconventional methodology of DeChambeau or the "bad boy" mantra of Reed more dangerous to the future of the game?? Did Vijay hurt the Game of Golf? Not in my opinion.

I don’t recall any “scorecard issues” with Tiger and the only rules issue I can clearly remember is the drop at the Masters.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I don’t recall any “scorecard issues” with Tiger and the only rules issue I can clearly remember is the drop at the Masters.
20 Questions: Tiger Woods' Masters Rule Violation

Woods signed an incorrect scorecard due to taking an illegal drop. The scorecard change was made before the next round and Woods was allowed to continue play. In 1968, DeVicenzo erred when he signed an incorrect scorecard. A very short time after, he realized his error and self-reported it. He was disqualified due to signing the incorrect scorecard and the win was taken from him and given the second place finisher. When Woods was allowed to finish the tournament after signing the incorrect scorecard, there was significant "discussion" as to whether he was given preferential treatment vs. the 1968 ruling. The Rules of Golf clearly allow the "committee" to make such decisions and mete out consequences... or not.
I'm not suggesting Woods should... or should have not... been disqualified. That decision was made by people on site with far more experience in that field than I have. The point I was trying to make is that a number of players have weathered controversial issues on the course and have continued to play at a high level. Reed puts his tee ball on 18 farther right than Rush. Punches a shot back to the fairway and wins the tourney. Was an exciting finish. I hope Reed plays well in April. He has one Green Jacket and I wouldn't mind seeing an exciting finish with him wearing his second one.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
So, on a brighter note, when is the opening of the Masters "coffee cup challenge"...………??? (if there is one).

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So, on a brighter note, when is the opening of the Masters "coffee cup challenge"...………??? (if there is one).
Reed wins, even after being penalized two strokes for defacing the Butler Cabin with derogatory comments about Feherty and Finau. Woods withdraws midway through the first round after cameras catch him picking up his ball out of a sand trap and tossing it into Rays Creek. He had fluffed twice while in the trap and, evidently, had an on-course melt down. Tony Romo was caddying for Michelson and they were allowed to play alternate shot to give Phil a chance to make the cut. They failed.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.