• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2021 Masters Banter Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Looking forward to a tournament where they don’t let the mashed potatoes fly ruining the viewing experience. While I do not agree with everything the Men of the Masters do, they control the Patrons quite well.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The weekend of the Masters is the same weekend I’ll be heading to DC. My uncle is being laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery. He passed in November of 2019 and Covid delayed his burial. When they announced that he was being buried on 4/14 there was no way I was going to miss it, Covid or not. I’ll have to quarantine when I get back but it’s worth it. I’m bringing my 14 year old daughter, she only met him once but no way I’d let her miss this. Some things in life are just can’t miss moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
DJ pulled himself out of the Valero tourney this coming weekend. Don't think he will be at full speed for The Masters. Spieth always plays Augusta pretty good. However, he seems to have lost his ability to putt under pressure. Have seen a lot of "no names" on the leaderboards. We could end up with a winner whose name if totally unfamiliar to us... who asks to trade the Green Jacket for a paisley wife-beater tee shirt. I plan to watch, at least Saturday and Sunday, wall to wall.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
The weekend of the Masters is the same weekend I’ll be heading to DC. My uncle is being laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery. He passed in November of 2019 and Covid delayed his burial. When they announced that he was being buried on 4/14 there was no way I was going to miss it, Covid or not. I’ll have to quarantine when I get back but it’s worth it. I’m bringing my 14 year old daughter, she only met him once but no way I’d let her miss this. Some things in life are just can’t miss moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's going to be really special, BJ13. I'll be thinking about you two.
DJ pulled himself out of the Valero tourney this coming weekend. Don't think he will be at full speed for The Masters. Spieth always plays Augusta pretty good. However, he seems to have lost his ability to putt under pressure. Have seen a lot of "no names" on the leaderboards. We could end up with a winner whose name if totally unfamiliar to us... who asks to trade the Green Jacket for a paisley wife-beater tee shirt. I plan to watch, at least Saturday and Sunday, wall to wall.
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I tossed in Cameron Smith and Viktor Hovland in my picks.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I was born a Masters week baby, so there’s nothing that can stop me from eating cake and watching the weekend, you can sit and watch with, but be quiet!!!

The par 3 is always one of the highlights for me, and its not being held again... bummer!
Happy early Birthday wishes.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
In my experience men who wear Paisley don’t have ... traditional.... wives.
Yes it’s a culture appropriation. Or a signal or something like that.
Kind of like 80’s mustaches

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
... traditional wives.
Now, this could lead to an interesting discussion. What is the definition of a "traditional" wife? Kept 'barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen'? Now, my wife is blonde. After 55 years with that beautiful, patient lady I can attest "blonde" is far from what I would call "traditional". If you've spent any time around a blonde, pretty soon you realize you have to learn to interpret and speak a totally different language. And, it takes years to learn "blonde". By that time, the attempt to converse with a blonde has had a detrimental effect on how you even think and rationalize!!! :D:D:D

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Lol, traditional = a Wife that was born as a girl.

At my last job, the boss was a guy with a alternative lifestyle... wore a lot of paisley shirts. We ‘uns decided that was a thing.
Nice shirts though. Kinda afraid to wear one .

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Lol, traditional = a Wife that was born as a girl.

At my last job, the boss was a guy with a alternative lifestyle... wore a lot of paisley shirts. We ‘uns decided that was a thing.
Nice shirts though. Kinda afraid to wear one .
I think I have a paisley tie, somewhere. Maybe I'll dig that out and wear it with a golf shirt tomorrow. See what reaction the geezers have!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
With Spieth winning today, I had to put him in the mix. Spieth has always played Augusta well. If his flatstick is working again, he could contend. Didn't know whether to dump Fleetwood or Rahm. Betting on Rahm either WD'ing due to an early baby or having his mind more on home than on golf. Stayed with Fleetwood.

Members online

No members online now.