• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3 Handicap Ken Griffey Jr.: 'My Baseball Swing Messes Up My Golf Swing'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
BASEBALL GREAT KEN GRIFFEY JR. is headed for the Hall of Fame, but he is also headed to the golf course because that's what he does in retirement. And he's good, real good.

Highlights from SI's interview with Ken Griffey Jr.:

From Ben Reiter's article, Griffey talked about his golf experience: "He plays golf— a lot of golf. He had recently returned from a four-day, 121-hole trip to Bandon Dunes, in Oregon. He's yet to play Augusta, but not because of its exclusivity. "I can get there," he says. "I just ain't had a chance to go."

Griffey Jr. on his golf handicap: "I'm a 13… Am I a 13? No. But I want you to write that[Later, he admits] I'm a three. But when you write this, it's gotta be a 13." [The USGA indicates that he is a three.]

Griffey Jr. on why he's reluctant to swing a baseball bat these days: "The whole thing is, my baseball swing messes up my golf swing… It'll take me literally three days to get it back."

Read the entire interview.

Source: 3 Handicap Ken Griffey Jr.: 'My Baseball Swing Messes Up My Golf Swing'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.