• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

32768!

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
United States United States
The number of players needed for a true 18 hole knock out golf tournament!

32768 players start at the 1st hole half of them are knocked out, 16384 players play the 2nd hole and do on till only 2 players are left to play the 18th hole and determine the winner!

I don’t think there have ever been a true knockout tournament, I think there such a thing as a true open either, if it’s really open then you would not need to qualify! Or open really does not mean open!

I know you really did not want to know this!
It is what it is! Opinion!

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Really?! 32,768 golf balls teed off, and you expect people to be able to keep track of their ball? It's hard enough when you have a 4 person scramble with 2 teams per hole... but I like the idea

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Really?! 32,768 golf balls teed off, and you expect people to be able to keep track of their ball? It's hard enough when you have a 4 person scramble with 2 teams per hole... but I like the idea
Genius_Golf_Ball_with_GPS_Tracking.jpg

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
That’s why there are no true knockout tournaments.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I loved the Merrill Lynch Shootout that used to be held on Wednesdays of tournaments.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.