• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3rd lesson

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
Last night was lesson # 3. It went prety well, sstill working on my driver and swing. I will say it was better than last week.

Next week Pro want to change around and work on short game. I hope to get a game in this weekend, but I need to go help daughter and her husband paint the inside of their house.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
A good short game is essential to a successful round. You'll want to practice this alot.

I was thinking after reading your GBBII post that you might want to forget the driver for a while and just stick with a 3 wood. Many good golfers start out this way as the 3 wood is alot easier to control and getting the ball in the fairway at this point is key.

My grandfather never could hit a driver. He used a 3 wood for years until we bought him a Callaway Warbird "Deuce" 2 wood one year for his birthday. He loved that club. Not quite a 3 wood, but not a driver, yet great distance and control.

It's just a thought, but if you're just learning the game, it might be worth a try for a while.

Keep up the updates. I look forward to reading on your progressess and regressions! (Don't worry, it'll happen, trust me! :D )

Cheers Nam,

R35

OP
N

namvet66

Aug 30, 2004
rockford35 said:
A good short game is essential to a successful round. You'll want to practice this alot.

I was thinking after reading your GBBII post that you might want to forget the driver for a while and just stick with a 3 wood. Many good golfers start out this way as the 3 wood is alot easier to control and getting the ball in the fairway at this point is key.

My grandfather never could hit a driver. He used a 3 wood for years until we bought him a Callaway Warbird "Deuce" 2 wood one year for his birthday. He loved that club. Not quite a 3 wood, but not a driver, yet great distance and control.

It's just a thought, but if you're just learning the game, it might be worth a try for a while.

Keep up the updates. I look forward to reading on your progressess and regressions! (Don't worry, it'll happen, trust me! :D )

Cheers Nam,

R35

I been given some serious thought to use my 3 wood, I have done this in the past and it works for me. More ball control. Maybe one day I will grow up and use a real driver.

No golf this weekend,I help paint the interior of my daughter and son-in-law house.......it was worth giving up golf for them (and he is my golf partner).

Next week if we dodge Ivan the Hurricane, maybe we will be able to get out and play 18.

As always thanks for the advice and the encouragement from you guys.

🔥 Latest posts