• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

90?..... 90!!??

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ever have one of those days... Today I went out with Twofast and played a new course. It's called Blissful Meadows. Pretty tough track that is really hard off the tee, especially the front. You had to thread a needle with a tee shot or layup on a ton of holes. Lots of doglegs starting at just 150 out... and not on short holes either.

Anyway, here's the deal. I might have had one of my best GD ballstriking rounds with the irons ever. I was hitting my irons so friggen solid. All for not though. Tee shot mistakes cost me big time. I parred 6 holes on the back, then 2 doubles and a triple, pretty much all chalked up to errant tee shots.

Played the par 3's even, one bogey, one birdie. Just sad to have 7 pars and a birdie and not even break 90. I have to work on my game off the tee. It's killing me bigtime. Putting isn't great by any means but even as is, with my iron striking and wedge game, I should never go over GD 80, nevermind 90.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
5-6 stories high is plenty to get over that first row of trees and into the woods, unfortunately :(

I know how you feel, though. If you can't get off the tee well, you're screwed all day. You just CAN'T be hitting 3 off the tee.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
90? Comon Ez your better then that. I havent forgotten you and 2fast are taking me and Piper on at Bethpage. If you shoot 90, Your going home with your ID and 3$.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Man I had that same round yesterday. Played a course I hadn't been on in 5 years. I lost a whole sleeve of balls off the tee. Had a stretch bogey, double, double, triple and followed that up birdie, par, par, par. 9 pars and a birdie but the lost balls just killed me. Ended up shooting 85 with 27 putts. 27 freakin putts....but I couldn't get off the tee so I could get to the freaking green. Days like that suck!!!

Jason

🔥 Latest posts