• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A course I would like to play

OmegaG5

Jul 29, 2006
I have been here on vacation a few times, but not since I took up playing golf. I've seen parts of the course, and is it interesting and so beautiful!

The whole course is cut out of virgin jungle. Not a lot of room to get off the fairways!
datai-pics.jpg

The 8th is awesome:
datai08.jpg

And below is a photo I took the first time I was there at the Andaman Hotel (which you can just see on the left). The golf course is in the hills and left of the hotel, and coming down to the sea.
datai-bay.jpg

The web site of the course is here
http://www.dataigolf.com/

I just have to go here and play the course. :)

Rod

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Beautiful.

Just one word of caution concerning jungle courses, and I learned this reading Robert Trent Jones, Jr's excellent book on how golf course architecture affects your game, and that word is SNAKES!!

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Sand Snakes

You've never heard of Sand Snakes? An experienced snake handler like yourself?

LOL, you've seen me play the flute and watched the cobra rise no doubt! :D

No, I've never heard of Sand Snakes before! :)

OP
OmegaG5

OmegaG5

Jul 29, 2006
SiberianDVM said:
Beautiful.

Just one word of caution .... and that word is SNAKES!!

True! Although to be honest, I have only seen a couple there.
More common are these things, which come up to 10 feet or so in length.
They are pretty harmless and any that I have seen run away when you get close. But I am told that they can become aggressive when they are protecting eggs.... and their eggs look just like... you got it... golf balls!
1133426.MalayanWaterMonitorLizard3.jpg

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Protective

They are pretty harmless and any that I have seen run away when you get close. But I am told that they can become aggressive when they are protecting eggs.... and their eggs look just like... you got it... golf balls!

Sounds like someone else I know! :) Well, I can understand wanting to be protecive of your eggs, even when they don't look much like golf balls! ;)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
True! Although to be honest, I have only seen a couple there.
More common are these things, which come up to 10 feet or so in length.

Is that a Nile Monitor? They have a bad attitude. I had a Savannah Monitor for a pet, about 5ft. long and fat as a tennis racket when he layed down. My problem is I always try to pick stuff up. I grab snakes by the hind area and throw them. I don't know about a 10ft. Monitor though, mine bit me once and wouldn't let go. I had to stick his head in the toilet and cover his nostrils. I nearly lost a serious chunk of hand meat. After that I wore welding gloves when handling him.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I lived in the jungle in Guatemala for about two years - I learned quickly that snakes are the least of your worries, they are actually like bats and most spiders - more helpful than harmful.

Members online

No members online now.