• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A day in the life

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Busy day....golf between 8-12, then off to take my little one out of the house for some activities. Just a few photos for everyone....

First two photos are the sun coming up over the far ridge (about 8 miles away) take from my front door. On the way to get the Sunday paper....

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
oops...didnt upload the first time...
IMG_1032sunrise.jpg
sunrise2.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
up to the course....range etc and first holes
IMG_range.jpg
Mats.jpg
range greens.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
the first tee on the left and the 10th tee on the right...taken from the patio in front of the pro shop. Practice green on immediate left
IMG_1035 #1 - #10.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
#6 tee, #6 green with water in front, geese and turtle looking back from green and #7 tee. I hit my third shot on #6 (a par 5) to within two feet and had my only birdie of the day (I shot an 85)....these are out of sequence...sorry!
6 green.jpg
6 tee.jpg
7 tee.jpg
geese and turtle.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
15th tee....17 green and view from greenside bunker on 13. I hit out of here 10 feet past and failed to convert....
15th tee.jpg
17 green.jpg
#13 bunker.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I then went home and decided to take my little one Laura on a little field trip to get here out of the house...

This is a statue called Vulcan...I think it is the 2nd largest statue in the US after the Statue of Liberty. It was built in 1904 for the St. Louis World's Fair and represents our local iron and steel industry.....it faces downtown and its ass faces the town of Homewood on the other side of Red Mountain (named because it is indeed red iron ore)....
vulcan sign.jpg
vulcan side.jpg
vulcan foot.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
1) View of downtown Birmingham from the top of the statue
2) Looking straight down on diners at the park patio
3) On the other side of the statue looking down into Shades Valley. Building on the left is Embassy Suites and long crooked building on right is Southbridge - my office is here.
4) There are some nice homes on top of Red Mtn overlooking downtown.
downtown.jpg
vulcan patio.jpg
Embassy Suites-Southbridge.jpg
home on red mtn.jpg

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
1) A nice photo of Vulcan's ass. Notice his garment does not cover his butt cheeks. The backside of the statue faces the village of Homewood. They have always said they have looked at his ass for over 100 years.
2) The town of Homewood, Alabama (20,000 pop.)
3) Walking down the stairs inside. My daughter did not want to go down the elevator...
4) A view from the side of the statue looking across the mountain ridge/top. There are three TV stations up there. The white building in the foreground is the NBC affiliate....a whole mess of TV, radio and cell towers all in a row....
Vulcans butt.jpg
Homewood.jpg
inside Vulcan.jpg
TV tpwers.jpg

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Those are some sweet pics Bravo. Course looks in great shape too.

My little cousin got a kick outta the pic of Vulcan's ass:p

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
so do you always take the camera everywhere you go? Anyway, good pics of the course, i wish i could play golf right now...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Great pics, especially the one of your daughter. What a cutie!:)

It's so foreign to me to see golf courses browned like that. The grass species here don't do that unless it's +30 for 3 weeks and we get zero rain. Otherwise, it takes about 2 days to green up when the snow leaves, and is usually green when it snows in the fall.

I have this pic, which shows #4 on my home course, a par 3 over a valley to an elevated green. Needless to say, there was a little water on the course. This is last spring, about 2 days after thaw. You can actually still see some snow piles on the far left, the far right is a tarped green to protect it from the winter burn.

Sorry if this takes away from your day story, B. Just thought i'd share it.

R35
Murraywetbig.jpg

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Lol, Rock, that water generally isnt there is it? I can see the tree/bush on the left which look like theyre not usually under water:p

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.