• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A few photos from Birmingham, AL (US)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sling asked that we put some new ones up. I am going to try to locate some of the others I had on ST from last year...I took these yesterday (November 4th) before and during our round...

Driving to the course....we essentially live in an "urban forest"
DSCN1352.JPG

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Practice tee...we played at 11:45 am
DSCN1356.JPG

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
A view of the 10th green looking back toward the tee/clubhouse. This is a two tiered green. Much easier hole when the pin is back...greens are in good shape now. We fired the superintendent in August and have hired a new one who is doing a good job...
DSCN1357.JPG

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This is the most powerful player I have ever played with. He is 5'6" and weighs about 160. Even at 50 years of age, he can slam it over 300 from time to time...for some reason the photo loading program is only putting up part of the pictures....
DSCN1362.JPG

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Beautiful finish...

I really like that finish position. I dunno if I could finish that high, I bet he plays a nice little draw.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
am I wrong in thinking that a high finish like that would be more designed to promote a fade...?

I'm not very good, so it's a legitimate question. My thinking would be that to get to a high finish like that you'd have to leave the clubface heading straight up the target line longer which more likely leave it a bit open..?

heh, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but that's just always what I thought...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
S - I think it depends on how he gets to that position. He looks as if he's facing the target pretty squarely, and his hands look as though he's come thru sweeping and closing the clubface a little.

I see what you are saying, and it makes sense... shit, he could have shanked that one for all I know. :p

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
well, when I got to thinking about it, it occurred to me that one of the things I was working on to fix my swing to prevent slicing was to shoot for a high finish because it promoted an in > out swing

so what the hell do I know?

I guess in theory, if you don't get the clubface swear when coming through, you're liable to block it

ah, hell, I'm so confused now, haha

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
He hits a draw and usually has this nice high finish. He keeps a very quiet lower body going back and has big leg drive coming through...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
See S - I told you I knew what I was talking about.... oh hang on, "Phil's on the phone..." LOL

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
yeah, I told him to give you a call because you obviously needed some help!

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Nice pics!
awww.websmileys.com_sm_fingers_fing32.gif

You'll have to keep posting pics because we're getting into the deep freeze up here and I'll need a fix.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Nice pics Bravo, love the scenery. Hope we get to reschedule our outing in the Spring.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
BBD:

We need to get you to come down for the outing here. You are the same age as DaveE and myself and we old farts need all the help we can get...

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Bravo said:
BBD:

We need to get you to come down for the outing here. You are the same age as DaveE and myself and we old farts need all the help we can get...
What are the details for the outing?

🔥 Latest posts