• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Michelle Wie Debate on 'Morning Drive'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
GOLF CHANNEL'S KELLY TILGHMAN GIVES MICHELLE WIE this week's "game ball" during Tuesday's Game Ball segment on "Morning Drive." Panelist and golf instructor Billy Harmon strongly disagrees.

The fun begins, eight minutes of pointed debate on Wie's behavior at the Solheim Cup that Europe handily won. Also discussion on Wie's career to date and future prospects.

(Visor tip: Geoff Shackelford blog)

Source: A Michelle Wie Debate on 'Morning Drive'

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A "lively" debate. I can see both sides. Wie has played some good golf... and some bad golf. As Tilghman stated, Wie has never stated she will be the next coming. Her "camp"... her parents... Leadbetter... others have said she will. Wie got her degree from a prestigious university. No one can take that education and potential business career away from her. To have the chance to play at the pro level is something thousands dream of. She is living that dream.
The "walk off"... As Tilghman said, Wie apologized. I honestly believe there are many who play professional sports, today, who view themselves above apologizing for most anything. She made a mistake. She admitted the error in judgement. She apologized.
Would I have given her a "game ball". Nope. I thought the picks of the other panel members were probably better choices. Yet, I respect Tilghman for going outside the lines and making the pick.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How can Tilhgman say that she's on her way up, yet cite that she needs to make "major changes" going forward.

Methinks the cart is a bit before the horse with that mouthfull of BS.

I agree with Harmon. She's a marketing tool, doesn't respect the game and nothing more. I would love to be proven wrong, but i don't think i will be.

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I find it hard to believe that Wie is university educated. She doesn't come across to me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Wie's ditsy excuse about grounding her club in a hazard at the Kia Classic was what did it for me.

"I thought it looked differently than — they interpreted it differently than what I felt. I knew that I did ground the club, that was a fact, but that was the only fact.I did call for a ruling; I knew I did that, but at the same time I knew that I felt off-balance. I closed my eyes when I hit the shot and I ground my club so I wouldn’t fall into the water. I was wearing a white skirt."

"I thought it was unfair that they put my score as a penalty stroke on the leaderboard, because I was making birdies, and I could have maybe put some more pressure on her ...."

amedia.tumblr.com_tumblr_l058et7Gm11qzw1gw.png

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You guys should do yourselves a favor and NEVER watch her interviews from when she was a junior. Let's just say the writing was on the wall.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I find it hard to believe that Wie is university educated. She doesn't come across to me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

We've lived 50 years in a University community. I have worked well over 40 years in the engineering field. The fact is, there are many people who are extremely intelligent but not very smart.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.