• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A milestone

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Mrs. IG and I are off to the Big Apple next week to help me celebrate/commiserate my 50th anniversary on this planet. 4 days in NY and 2 days in Boston alone, without kids. Airmiles and Hilton points are paying for the majority of it.

As much as I travel to the US, I rarely get time to relax and chill. So I'm looking forward to some good food, alcohol and wife time. o_O

Anyone got any recommendations for places to see/eat/drink? And yes, I'm sure I'll get my application pack for the Geezer's club any week now.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was going to recommend Anthony's Pier 4 in Boston, but it looks like it has surrendered to the wrecking ball.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I've never been there but I'd take Santa's advice if I were you:

First off, you see gum on the street, leave it there. It's not free candy.
Second, there are, like, 30 Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original, but the real one's on 11th.
And if you see a sign that says "peep show," that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Mrs. IG and I are off to the Big Apple next week to help me celebrate/commiserate my 50th anniversary on this planet. 4 days in NY and 2 days in Boston alone, without kids. Airmiles and Hilton points are paying for the majority of it.

As much as I travel to the US, I rarely get time to relax and chill. So I'm looking forward to some good food, alcohol and wife time. o_O

Anyone got any recommendations for places to see/eat/drink? And yes, I'm sure I'll get my application pack for the Geezer's club any week now.
Congrats brother!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Mrs. IG and I are off to the Big Apple next week to help me celebrate/commiserate my 50th anniversary on this planet.
50?? FIFTY!!??? And here I thought you were a mature adult! Such a bunch a youngsters on this forum. Ain't no wonder the site's post count is down. Got such a small contingent of us smart 'uns left to set y'all straight!!!:D:D

Enjoy your trip!!! Have fun!! Time goes by much too quickly.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Greetings from NYC.
Me and a duck and Me and Limp!

Attachments

• IG2.jpg
    IG2.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IG1.jpg
    IG1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 79

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Greetings from NYC.
Me and a duck and Me and Limp!
Sorta like the belt buckle!!! Ain't never been to NYC, other than landing at LaGuardia and catching a taxi to Norwalk, CT a few decades ago. He does look familiar, though. They say everyone has a twin somewhere.......:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Due to the curvature of the Earth, those folk in Ireland are standing as an angle compared to us here in the U.S. IG's camera couldn't replicate the exact angle. If our friends in South Africa and Australia were to post pictures, they've totally upside down.
As far as IG... a lot of people I've known over the years are "a half-bubble off". IG might be a full bubble off!!!!:D:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.