• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A rare birdie for PapaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
# 15 at The Gauntlet. Played with subsonic on our 1st round of 2015 (2 JAN). This despicable par 3 plays about 205 from our tees and, as a geezer, I hit driver because a 5W won't reach it for me. The flag was in the back that day and I caught the K15 dead center, hit a high straight beauty to about 5 feet.........made the birdie putt! I have been playing this course frequently for over 20 years and this was my 1st (possibly last) birdie on this hole. :)

20150102_125823_zpsbkfkph0r.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
# 15 at The Gauntlet. Played with subsonic on our 1st round of 2015 (2 JAN). This despicable par 3 plays about 205 from our tees and, as a geezer, I hit driver because a 5W won't reach it for me. The flag was in the back that day and I caught the K15 dead center, hit a high straight beauty to about 5 feet.........made the birdie putt! I have been playing this course frequently for over 20 years and this was my 1st (possibly last) birdie on this hole. :)

20150102_125823_zpsbkfkph0r.jpg
Well played sir!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Congrats!

There's a par 3 on a muni course by me that's about 180 uphill with a green that slopes away from the tee. I've kept it on the green once. Hit a low burner that just happened to roll up and on.

That hole kills me every time.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Congrats!

There's a par 3 on a muni course by me that's about 180 uphill with a green that slopes away from the tee. I've kept it on the green once. Hit a low burner that just happened to roll up and on.

That hole kills me every time.

For every long par 3 there should be 2 short par 4s................it should be a law!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
It was a good shot papaD. Congrats on the Bird!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
This hole is a royal PITA! One of my least favorite par 3s. I have played this course a number of times and it is rare for someone to get on, much less get close.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Next time you might get and ace!

Not likely, but I appreciate the sentiment! I have been playing there for over 20 years and I'll bet I've only made par a few times.......we consider 4 a good score on that monster. The green is elevated and guarded on both sides - woods left, sand right. The smart play is to just plan on bogey and get outa there, but that's no fun. ;)

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
There is a hole like that where i play in farmville, 200 yards, uphill. Choked u p driver for me. Hard hole for me too. One day, i rolled it on the green, and saw it disappear!! I about shat myself, only to find out it was in a dip, still had a 3 footer for birdie which i missed

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
My ex wife got me a membership there back in 2003 or 2004. I miss that course. I need to play. If I drive down there to play, can someone put me up for a night or two?

Members online

No members online now.