• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Small Rant

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
Hey guys. I work at a golf course now, at the grill. Been working there a few weeks. Just wanted to let you all know that everyone who regularly tips the boys working the grill, even for just a beer on tap or a bag of chips, that is all very very greatly appreciated. That being said, if you ever have a fraternity or other kind of reunion in a small grill with one person working, just please remember to tip them, because it's a hell of a mess to clean up.

Today a few folks from Phi Sigma came into the grill and had upwards of 10 pitchers, after finishing 3 bottles of Scotch (which is not allowed on the course, because it's illegal to bring your own alcohol, and especially looked down upon to bring liquor) on the course. Of course, by the time they came into the grill, they were tired, healthily drunk, hungry, and, not surprisingly, still thirsty. I single-handedly served them 32 hot dogs, 19 cheeseburgers, and countless orders of fries. They cleaned us out. It's going to be a big weekend, however we can't deny customers their food. After singing songs, toasting their words, and making quite a scene, they left their mess behind. Tables were moved, one chair was missing (not sure how the hell that happened), and glasses were broken, "accidentally". The kind folks of Phi Sigma were sharing plenty of drunken words of wisdom with me, and wished me the best.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "kicker", but the 7 dollar tip they left was greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phi Sigma, you're great peoples.

For future reference, if your tab ever exceeds 30 dollars, it's viewed as somewhat kind to give a 2 or 3 dollar tip, and is greatly appreciated. If your entire group of people rack up 200 dollars, just in food, then double it, and add some, for alcohol, it'd be kind of you to leave me at least a 10 or so.

Rant over, how was your all's day?

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
I do not make a LOT of money. However I spend a good deal golfing every season as during the season it is my #1 hobby...trumps all. And no matter what I get I tip great. Even at restaurants, if the food was horrible but service was good I still tip very well because I realize they didnt cook the food. Far as your situation goes, id of left at very MINIMAL 20%, and pushed others to help me out to leave 20+. I mean sheit, i went down to detroit for opening day tigers today, was givin 2$ tips on $4 cans of beer, lol. Just realize these people dont do a lot better than i do normally, spread it around.

That said, if some bartender ignores me after 10 minutes because he has some chicks to wait on down the bar who show up WAY after me (while i see the logic), well sorry pal, hope they were worth it, cuz after i order couple beers and a few shots I might leave a dollar and aim at different barkeep next time.

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
I get paid minimum, plus tips, however I live in a community where 90+% of the people are quite well off, and could've easily made do with shelling out a few more dollars. For christ sake, their main topic of conversation was how many different businesses they've operated, and who they donate to. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.

🔥 Latest posts