1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Accuflex Creation Review (sorry Rock)

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by LyleG, Jul 27, 2007.

1. The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire ...and loving it.

That's all I need to read. I am giddy and I haven't even seen the thing yet.

Come on Canada Post, come on Canada Post! I'm off this week and anytime a truck comes down my street, I jump off the couch and run to the door.

The guy I bought mine off said it should be here Friday. I'm skeptical as I don't have a lot of faith in the mail up here. The seller was great though. Had it shipped within 20 minutes of my buying it. I wish I had got to him and said "FedEx, I'll pay for it!"

Got a "major for me" tourney Monday and there is no such thing as Saturday mail delivery in Ontario. If it's not here tomorrow...

I might not sleep tonight.

2. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    Great review Rock,

I agree with it 100%.

My swing speed with the driver is about 110, smooth, and I am in freaking heaven with mine still. 533 yard par 5 today I hit a 4 iron in to about 8 feet. I am normally at about the 250 marker on this hole, I was dead sitting on the 200 today.

Like Rock said, the ball seems to be in the air forever. It just hits its apex and stays there for about 5 seconds then starts its ride down. Its beautiful to watch, honest to god.

I have never had this much fun palying golf, never.

3. Rockford35

Rockford35 Shark skin shoes Staff Member Admin

Canada Canada
    It's insane how far it carries. A couple of times with the first 10 balls, I hit one and said "oh, that ballooned"....then the ball lands at 280 and rolls out another 35 yards. Just sick.

I need to find two coppers for my FW. Holy shit, I didn't want this to happen. :(

R35

4. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    Tell me about it. I need at least one more copper for my 3 wood, I hate the VS proto I have in it now.

The wind blew my bag over today and nearly shit my pants. It was like seeing someone drop a child, I felt instantly ill.

Its really is amazing how it carries. I cant emphasize this enough. It is the ball flight I have been dreaming of my whole golfing life. I have even started to do the Tigerish twirl of the club after every drive.

5. Rockford35

Canada Canada
    No doubt. I'm going to start doing that. :laugh:

R35

6. Augster

Augster Rules Nerd Supporting Member

My Ion Creation arrived today and I just threw it into my Exotics. I'll be able to hit it tomorrow. The Failsafe2 is supposed to be here tomorrow also, so I am looking forward to the battle.

Then I don't know where to go. Creation--->FS2? But since the Creation is already in the Exotics maybe ACCRA SE80M5-->FS2 first. Then I'll have it battle the Exotics with the Creation in it. But the FS2 supposedly comes with a Diamana blue board, only in stiff though.

I put the Creation on the Frequency meter today with a 205gram tip weight as that's how I profile all the shafts I come across. At a beam length of 21" it was almost the stiffest shaft I've seen at about 580cpms. It is still stiff at 26", then at 31" it REALLY softens up compared to other shafts I have seen. It is extreme X in the tip and I would say only around S-flex in the butt.

I think the butt flex for the entire driver, 5" clamp, was 255cpms. Of course, that is on a club that is a SW of about D8 if I remember correctly.

Incedentally, the stiffest tip I ever came across so far is the Accuflex VS339. My old GS Frequency Meter only measures up to 600 and the VS wouldn't even register at 21". It was around 580cpms at 26". X-flex. Amazingly the X-flex JLG Ultra Boom is WEAK as HELL. The stats on it make it seem like an S-flex or regular. Same company too. Really odd.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow and hopefully post back.

7. Rockford35

Canada Canada
    Throw the FS2 in the garbage (well, sell it...LOL) and just bag the Creation. You won't need the Accra, sorry.

R35

8. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

United States United States
    Ah common Rock, you know it was the Nakashima driver head that made it work that well!! (Where's the review on that?) :D I envy you young guys with those nice 110 mph swings that can make this stuff work. Okay, Lyle, I envy those OLD guys with the nice 110 mph swings that can make this stuff work also. :D I'd probably be wasting my money (and you all know what a tightwad I am) on this shaft. Even if I bought one, right now I don't have a clue as to what flex it would have to be. Change your signatue too (no more VS Proto or Evolution). Carry on! :D

Augster, you should have bought a Matrix Ozik X-con like tmag uses!! :D

9. Rockford35

Canada Canada
    The Creation only comes in S and X flex.

R35

10. warbirdlover

Meaning I'd need "grandma" flex? :(

11. Adam Pettman

Adam Pettman Well-Known Member

The shaft sounds good but have either of you hit it in strong winds yet? (like those you get in Scotland :))

12. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    Yes, I played yesterday in 30kmh gusting to 45 and had no probelms at all. Not a single balloon ball and the distance I was getting was unreal into the wind.
    This shaft needs to be tried to be believed. I know I sound like a broken record, but them the facts jack.

13. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada
    The creation does swing weight very high. With my head (203g) and a playing length of 44.5 inches it still swingweights at D6.

The VS339 is a true hitters shaft. You swing smooth, look elsewhere. The ultraboom is the exact opposite. Two different designs, geared for two very different swing types.

I expect you to love it.

14. warbirdlover

I found this old thread where LyleG and R35 went nuts over this shaft. They are now down to $50 now so figured "what the heck". Got it in my Cobra and left it at 48". Didn't seem all that bad and went out on the course today cold turkey with it set at 10.5° loft. These guys weren't lying. It's long. I never really had one feel good but was about 10 yards longer on average. Finally on the last couple holes started getting a good swing with it and boom. I thought I hit a sky ball but the mark on the driver face was just above center. It dropped in the center of the fairway about 10 yards farther then normal. Went back in this thread and see LyleG had his driver at 8.5° loft. Will try tomorrow on the driving range with that loft and see what happens. Then if still feeling goofy will cut the shaft down to 45" playing length. I'm having fun with this..

15. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oh Lyle and Rock, don’t forget Ezra remember him? Biggest club ho ever.

Where did you find the creation?

16. warbirdlover

BigJim13 likes this.
  17. warbirdlover

Tried it today on the driving range set at 8.5° and wow. The trajectory I was hoping for. Now to play a round with it to see if I can control the 48" shaft length. If not I'll lop it off at 45" and call it good.

BigJim13 likes this.
  18. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

WBL how does it compare with the HZARDUS? I'm looking for something new and this might be it!! In terms of the Cobra adaptor, did you put it on yourself? Easy to do?

19. warbirdlover

Putting the adapter on is easy to do. Just rough up the shaft tip with some emery cloth or sandpaper (distance of inside of adapter) and use 24 hour cure epoxy. Use a wood dowel to get it inside the adapter and a popsickle stick to mix the epoxy and put it on the shaft. Have a rag and some alcohol handy to wipe off the excess glue that squirts out when you put it together and spin the shaft a few times inside the adpater. Don't touch it at all until fully cured.

As far as comparing to HZRDOUS it's way different. It's pretty high launch but mid-high bend. I found the HZRDOUS was very low launch.

I just cut the /creation down to play at 46" and changed the loft to 9.5°. At 48" it feels like 10 lb. conduit. At 46" it feels nice. I am honestly hitting it about 10 (or more) yards further then the Aldila Tour Green I took out.

IrishGolfer likes this.
  20. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

Thnaks WBL, Ima gonna get me 1!