• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

adding weight to my Scotty?

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i'd like to add a bit more weight to my Circa 62 #2, but is there any way i can do this invisibly? obviously i don't want to stick on a piece of lead and "unbalance" it and ruin the look. you may remember me suggesting chroming it, i'm looking at that again actually.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Add some (lead / tungsten) weight through shaft to the head. Maybe not the distribution you want. But it is invisible.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I should try to snap a photo of my irons and putter. All my "beautiful" BeCu Pings have lead tape slapped in the cavity. And... my "gorgeous" Scotty has tape. I've not been quite as liberal with the tape on the Scotty. After repeated efforts, I have settled for a wrap of tape around the shaft, just above where it connects to the head. Then, there is one strip of lead on the flange. This combo has worked exceptionally well this past season.

If you don't want it to show, the only real means of adding weight is down the shaft. That, of course, takes away the ability to place the weight where it does the best job in keeping the clubface square through the stroke. E-mail Scotty's custom shop. You might be surprised how little they would charge to change the swingweight for you and you not be able to even notice where they had added weight.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hey NVM, I know this is a bit off topic but you should try rolling a couple at a golf retailer with the Nike Method 001. It's a heavier putter (anser style with goose-neck) that has great balance & feel to it.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Circa #2 isn't one of the putters that can change weights. I don't know how much weight you want to add but to make much difference you'll probably need at least 10g. and that's a pretty good blob of lead tape.

California Hollywood is going to be about the same look/feel with weights from 340 to 360.

Circa#2 Scotty Cameron - Archive Detail

Cali Hollywood Scotty Cameron - Hollywood

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Are you gonna go cheap, or do you want to throw some coin at this? if the latter, I can provide you with a gent that does AMAZING putter work.

If you're going cheap, try the lead on the shaft above the hosel. It will get your swingweight higher and not unbalance the club. You can also try a heavier shaft (Nippon, TT, etc) and get the static weight higher as well.

R35

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
You can pour tungsten down the shaft and cork it in place…but I would only do that if it was a center shafted putter…if it is a flange neck, do not to it…it will destroy the balance.

Let me ask you, are you are considering this because you want more static weight or want to improve a pendulum effect? If it’s the latter, I suggest back weighting the club….this increases the pendulum effect and (IMO) really helps in tempo.

It’s easy to do, and does not affect the face balance of the putter.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
this one. its so light my take away is a bit shaky.

Then I highly recommend backweighting it...I did it with my Slighter putter and it turned a great putter, into a greater putter...all the difference in the world.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I would like to try heavier weights in mine too. I want to changes the weights myself. Is that possible? I'd hate to send it to SC, wait 6 months to get it back, then realize I don't like the heavier sw and have to wait another 6 months to get it back to stock. Plus, I would like the option to switch weights depending on green speed. I probably wouldn't, but I want the option to.

Bobtee

Oct 29, 2009
I would like to try heavier weights in mine too. I want to changes the weights myself. Is that possible? I'd hate to send it to SC, wait 6 months to get it back, then realize I don't like the heavier sw and have to wait another 6 months to get it back to stock. Plus, I would like the option to switch weights depending on green speed. I probably wouldn't, but I want the option to.

On your SC Fastback you can buy a wrench and weights on ebay and change them. I have a SC Studio Select that came with 10G weights and bought 15G and 25G weights to try them out. At first I didn't think I'd be able to get the weights out but with a little extra elbo grease they came out. I put masking tape over each weight taking them out and putting in so as not to scratch the weight or putter. On the Fastback make sure if you buy weights they are for the Fastback as the ones for the Studio Select will not fit the Fastback.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
If and when you get some weight added to your putter NVM, let us know how it turned out. I would like to add some weight to my rife putter as well. I was thinking lead tape, but other options would be great to hear as well. I would love a fix that's invisible!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If and when you get some weight added to your putter NVM, let us know how it turned out. I would like to add some weight to my rife putter as well. I was thinking lead tape, but other options would be great to hear as well. I would love a fix that's invisible!!

Nippon Shaft - Steel

Changed my putting game entirely.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.