• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice... FREE advice needed

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
For an old guy, I've got lots of "balls"! Have about 1,700 logo golf balls in display racks. Banks and corporations that are no longer in business. Old logos from things like Pepsi, 7UP, Kansas City Kings, etc. Some old "autograph" balls from Cary Middlecoff, Sam Snead, Trevino. And, many golf course across the Country. There are a few of the two-color Ping balls.

My brother-in-law built the display racks. 9 are finished and 3 are unfinished. 2 of the unfinished are a little "rough", but still hold the balls and someone with a little woodworking skill could spruce them up.

We just have to downsize. So, how does one go about selling something like this? I've never bought or sold anything through Ebay. Wouldn't it be difficult to show photos of all the balls and not have someone purchasing complain because they thought one said one thing and another ball was not what they expected? Craig's List? I've never sold anything there and this would be a "specialty" sale which wouldn't catch many eyes locally.

If it were your collection, how would you go about putting it up for sale?

IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg
IMAG0025.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Don't use Craig's list. That's where I got that scammer after me. Ebay is your best bet. Or donate/sell to a golf course, Dick's or something like that.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Craigslist works well especially if your buyers are local. eBay involves shipping and commission. The Craigslist spammers are easy to spot and you'll never meet them in person anyway. If you can't sell locally then eBay might be your better option.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.