• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice on Nickent Square

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
I started the year with no intent to change anything in my bag.

But people are practically giving these away and hitting fairways is my number one priority (No ,using a pitching wedge doesn't count and drive for show, putt for dough is only true if you aren't in the trees)

I play a draw bias weighted R7 with an NVS R-75 shaft. My usual miss is a slice. Though lately I have been spraying a bit. I actually had a little hook today on 2 shots. Ball flight is higher than most people I play with. I can not get the ball low when I am into the wind. I am carrying about 220 yds in still air.

Tour or Regular? 3* closed is a lot
Loft? Stick with 10.5* Reviews say this head launches low.
Shaft? Stick with R flex? I will probably cut it down to 44.5 in. That is what my R7 is.

Help please!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Overall I think it's a crappy club, the V2 shaft felt boardy & the head lifeless. Really couldn't feel much difference between a good shot vs a bad shot.

CosmosMpower

Jun 26, 2008
The R flex feels like a stiff flex in almost any other stock shaft. I'd get the tour version, the normal is too closed, if you have a tendency to hit a hook at all you will hit a BIG one. The head does have a slightly lower launch so I got 12* and I did cut it down to 44.5".

🔥 Latest posts