• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Affordable High Launch Shafts

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I've never been much on changing shafts in clubs, and for myself have usually played whatever is stock. I bought my daughter a used 10.5 TEE XCG at a golf show and it has an R flex Graphite Design Tour AD shaft in it. While she makes sold contact, she was having trouble getting it up in the air during a recent visit to the golf dome. She hit a similar used XCG-V on a monitor in Golfsmith and her spin numbers were generally 1,700 to 2,000. She did much better with a Titleist with a Diamana K'ali, usually getting over 2,500. Her swing speed was clocking between 85-88.

I'd like to have an affordable high launch shaft put in this thing. Since it's kind of an experiment, I don't want to spend a bunch of money. What's the opinion on the ProLaunch Blue. Those can be had for $40 to $70. I'm thinking either the 45 or 55 gram. I also looked at the UST Axivcore Blue 1600 which are about $85 to $90. That would be 59 gram.

Also, does anyone know anything about the new UST MP5 shafts that are selling for $50? They are being called mid-high launch.

Do these relatively affordable shafts perform well? She also has an 11* Diablo Edge with an A flex stock Habanero in it, and I want to get a regular flex in that.

Most of the shafts out there seem to have .335 tips. I take it it's no big deal to have them installed with a shim? Both drivers have .35 shafts in them.

I would love some feedback. Thanks.

Kevin

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
How about a UST Proforce V2 HL? That's very high launch, and you can get one for around $20-$30

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Sk fibre pure energy $35 new from heriko
If you want heavier then the Sk fibre tour trac 80 $22 from heriko

Both are wonderful shafts

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member