• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ANYONE GAMING THE NEW BOBBY JONES FAIRWAYS OR HYBRIDS?

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
How do they compare to the sticks you replaced them with? Thanks.
bobby jones fairway woods.png
bobby jones hybrids.png

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
On a serious note, I haven't played any of the clubs designed by Jesse Ortiz. However, I have wanted to give them a ride.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Me too. I game one of his original 4 woods that performs well. I figure Ortiz has built in some incremental technology to the new ones. One thing I miss in these, however, is the beautiful dark green/blue paint he used on the originals. Not wild for the shape of the fairway woods, but really dig the shape of the hybrids.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Ortiz founded the original "Orlimar" line that saw some cult following in the mid-90's. I believe they touted something like a 'maraging steel' face that was supposed to be hot for that time. Didn't Dick's pick up the 'Bobby Jones' brand and bring Ortiz on to handle their club design work?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Ortiz founded the original "Orlimar" line that saw some cult following in the mid-90's. I believe they touted something like a 'maraging steel' face that was supposed to be hot for that time. Didn't Dick's pick up the 'Bobby Jones' brand and bring Ortiz on to handle their club design work?
I don't know about that but Dick's picked up the Walter Hagen stuff.

Members online

No members online now.