• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone heard of Tim Larkin the martial arts bloke?

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Cars are widely available to these people as well. And they kill more humans/year than guns....

"OH, but cars weren't invented specifically to kill people like guns were"

Point? Fact is they still kill more people than guns....so there needs to be more regulations right? That will stop cars from killing people right?

That is the worst argument I've ever heard on the matter, the comparison doesn't even make sense.

My apologies for the subject change. EnglishGolfer, don't bite.. Just leave it be. I appreciate that you think I'm some nut that can't be trusted to take care of a goldfish, so I'll hold off any personal judgement on my side..... :rolleyes: I've seen what "oh nos!! guns!!" will do to many people here, and respect their stances, regardless if I think it's silly or not.

In all seriousness, I'm not gonna take it any further than my original point. Martial Arts, and Guns.. no difference. They all are for self defense, killing, injuring, and both are used in forms of recreation with peaceful means.

Lol, I'm sure you'd do a fine job of goldfish sitting hence my careful use of the words "...most of whom..." in my earlier post.

If anyone wants to start the gun debate up in another thread then please feel free, I'm always up for an intelligent argument where I might even learn something. Before I drop the matter though, regarding Martial Arts and guns being the same I must disagree as MA are often used as a form of exercise, guns are for one purpose, shooting stuff/people.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Before I drop the matter though, regarding Martial Arts and guns being the same I must disagree as MA are often used as a form of exercise, guns are for one purpose, shooting stuff/people.

I don't know about that, I've got a Centennial Edition Winchester 30-30 with the old octagonal barrel, weighs a ton. Gives you a pretty good workout. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
That is the worst argument I've ever heard on the matter, the comparison doesn't even make sense.

Believe me, i know for a fact that ANY argument i make against what you believe will be a bad example and not make any sense to you.

I am OK with that. I have guns, i protect myself and my family and nothing you say or do will ever convince me to give up my weapons. The 2nd amendment was put in there just in case the government decided to ignore the rest of them.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Believe me, i know for a fact that ANY argument i make against what you believe will be a bad example and not make any sense to you.

It's going to be one of those arguments is it where you know everything there is to know already, including everything about me, so there's no point lowering yourself to discuss the matter properly with the likes of me is it? FatC1ty shares your view which opposes mine, but where he differs from you is that he puts his point across in a manner that makes sense as he has the intellectual capacity to present a decent rebuttal.

I think I may just be being a bit touchy seeing as we've only ever had one exchange yet you've decided you know everything there is to know about me.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
It's going to be one of those arguments is it where you know everything there is to know already, including everything about me, so there's no point lowering yourself to discuss the matter properly with the likes of me is it? FatC1ty shares your view which opposes mine, but where he differs from you is that he puts his point across in a manner that makes sense as he has the intellectual capacity to present a decent rebuttal.

I think I may just be being a bit touchy seeing as we've only ever had one exchange yet you've decided you know everything there is to know about me.

I know nothing about you, never claimed to. This is not an argument. No one is yelling, no ones feelings are being hurt(at least mine are not).

Remember this little gem:

This is quite the intellectual rebuttal.

All you have stated so far is that you don't like the 'fact' that anyone can get their hands on a gun(which is not true, we have laws in place that keep honest citizens honest). What do you suggest we do to stop this? Who would be 'intelligent' enough to own/operate a gun? If i am not deemed 'intelligent' enough to operate my own weapons, who is going to protect me?

Please explain to me a better system than a well armed public? Then we will have something to have a competent discussion about.

I have created this.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Karate or the other martial arts teach how to do two things. Kill and maim. The main reason is to learn to control your movements for self confidence and knowing you can kill someone means you only use it in self defense in life or death situations. You avoid confrontations if possible.

And why would you need four moves?

It only takes one move to kill and there are many "ones" to choose from. And the martial arts teach dirty fighting techniques to be able to win the dirty fights.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.