• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone here build their own clubs?

manik

Clubmaker Extrordinaire
Aug 26, 2005
well?

it said i needed at least 10 char. so i wrote this
redface.gif

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
I can. I have put together a few sets/individual clubs before, but usually buy used clubs because they're cheaper

OP
manik

manik

Clubmaker Extrordinaire
Aug 26, 2005
one of the main reasons i got started was because i do not trust the shaft flex ratings manufacturers put on clubs at all

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
I dont have a frequency tester so i dont know how the shafts i put in play, but i just give it a whack and see if it works

Jeff Gallo

Swing Guru
Aug 26, 2004
I've built a few sets and done plenty of club work for the shop at my course. so let me say congrats on deciding to build your own i find it gives you a much better knowlege of the golf club in general.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i thought about trying it but after further consideration decided against it because if i started id be making a new driver or putter every week or a new set of clubs and i would have to buy a new house to storage the overrun.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
goatster said:
i thought about trying it but after further consideration decided against it because if i started id be making a new driver or putter every week or a new set of clubs and i would have to buy a new house to storage the overrun.

Guilty as charged.

I have been building clubs for over 10 years now and have 4 sets or irons, 5 drivers, 2 sets of hybrids, a set of fairway woods, 3 sets of wedges, and at least 6 putters. Thankfully, I sold a set earlier this year, but unfortunately used the proceeds to buy components to replace it.

It is a fun hobby and has allowed me to experiment with several different combinations of shaft, grip, and clubheads. I have built sets for friends and family over the years, but that is about as far as I will go for now.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i dont even make them i have 3 drivers ,a fairway driver,4 sets of clubs and 3 or 4 putters.so you can imagime what it would be like if i built them.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
goatster said:
i dont even make them i have 3 drivers ,a fairway driver,4 sets of clubs and 3 or 4 putters.so you can imagime what it would be like if i built them.

That is half the fun though. I have just as much enjoyment building the clubs as I do playing them. There is nothing like hitting a perfect shot with a club that you designed (ok, I didn't pour the mold, but all the decisions as far as shaft, grip, weight, and specs were chosen) and built. I will always treasure a 3 wood shot I hit last month with my brand new 3-wood that I had just assembled. 230 yard 2nd shot on a par 5 off the fairway, into the wind, up hill, and into a protected green to within 10 feet of the pin (missed the eagle putt....). You just can not beat that feeling.

OP
manik

manik

Clubmaker Extrordinaire
Aug 26, 2005
i don't really build myself too many clubs since i already have a complete set that i love. but i do do a lot of work for friends and family members.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
ualtim said:
That is half the fun though. I have just as much enjoyment building the clubs as I do playing them. There is nothing like hitting a perfect shot with a club that you designed (ok, I didn't pour the mold, but all the decisions as far as shaft, grip, weight, and specs were chosen) and built. I will always treasure a 3 wood shot I hit last month with my brand new 3-wood that I had just assembled. 230 yard 2nd shot on a par 5 off the fairway, into the wind, up hill, and into a protected green to within 10 feet of the pin (missed the eagle putt....). You just can not beat that feeling.

congrats.im sure it is an awsome feeling.but for me i can see it becoming like a crack habit.it would suck up all my money and i would be broke.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.