• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone know anything about this vintage golf bag?

dannymany2kx

Aug 9, 2019
Country
United States United States
Just picked up this Wilson firestick golf bag with Payne Stewart on it. Just curious if it's just a manufactured stamped bag or promotional type thing. I know it's a long shot but could he have actually used something like this?
ba24714ce16c1b8f54bf086912e41903.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Payne was playing Wilson Staff irons when he won the 1991 U. S. Open. He would not have been carrying that bag for the tourney, since he did not know he'd win. And, I don't know of players who "advertise" their wins on a golf bag. Probably a promotional bag from Wilson celebrating Stewart winning with their clubs. However, I've scoured ebay and don't see anything like it. If a promotional item would have thought some might still be out there. Still... would be difficult to convince me it is one of his actual bags.

OTOH, what a find!!!! I'd love to have something like that in my basement. Hang on to it. The story of a top PGA touring pro and a really great family guy going so early in a plane crash is part of the Game's history.

OP
D

dannymany2kx

Aug 9, 2019
Country
I just assumed it was a bag he could have carried after winning in 91 sorta showing off his accomplishment. Probably gonna list it on Ebay auction style and see how it does. I have no clue to the value of something like this.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I just assumed it was a bag he could have carried after winning in 91 sorta showing off his accomplishment. Probably gonna list it on Ebay auction style and see how it does. I have no clue to the value of something like this.

Ask Wilson!

🔥 Latest posts