• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone Use a 1 Iron?

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
United States United States
I have one in the bag. I use it every possible chance I get. I don't always hit it particularly well. But, it's fun to use. Anyone else use a 1 iron?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Only if I need to hit a 175 yard shot along the ground! I don't make enough club speed to get any iron up high unless it's a 7 iron or shorter.
7 iron? Really?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No longer own a 1-iron. If I did, I'd be tempted to try using it. The lowest lofted iron I will carry is a 4-iron... and even that all the time.

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
No longer own a 1-iron. If I did, I'd be tempted to try using it. The lowest lofted iron I will carry is a 4-iron... and even that all the time.
Many people don't carry a driving because it is believed that they are difficult to get into the air. But, that hasn't been my experience. And I'm not a particularly long hitter.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have one in the bag. I use it every possible chance I get. I don't always hit it particularly well. But, it's fun to use. Anyone else use a 1 iron?

I have a Srixon U45, 18 degree driving iron (2 iron). I had its loft and lie checked recently and found out it's in reality 16 degrees. So I suppose, yes, I have a 1 iron. One thing though, the driving iron has a bit of weight low at the back so it helps get the ball into the air.

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I have a Srixon U45, 18 degree driving iron (2 iron). I had its loft and lie checked recently and found out it's in reality 16 degrees. So I suppose, yes, I have a 1 iron. One thing though, the driving iron has a bit of weight low at the back so it helps get the ball into the air.
My 1 iron is 16 degrees. I have a Ping Eye 2 1 iron.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online