• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are more pros wearing skirts and skorts?

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
IMO.....Wearing jeans on any golf course is very trashy. It shows lack of respect for you and your playing partners. Jeans are okay if your going to a rodeo, or out for lunch. Maan even shorts can be a no no if you have bad legs or no tan. Just slacks or rain pants for me

You're being serious?

bad legs, no tan. WOw

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I see nothing wrong with wearing jeans on the golf course. If the rules of the course say otherwise then fine, make sure you are respecting the rules set in place by the course. If someone dismisses me as 'disrespectful' because i am wearing jeans, i dont want that persons respect.

Saying i have no respect for myself or others because of what i wear is absolutely assinine. Judge a book by its cover much?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have an unwritten rule about wearing jeans on the course. It really shouldn't be done. HOWEVER, i do appreciate others being comfortable on the course, so they can do whatever they like.

There is a considerable difference in the talent level of people that dress "appropriately" for the course. At least around here. You see a guy wearing jeans, you know for a fact he's never cleaned his grooves in the last 15 years and will duck hook two off the first tee, guaranteed.

Nothing against those that want to be comfortable out there, but those that see that a round of golf is to get away from it all, you're out there for a purpose, those are the guys that play the game for more than a weekend at a time.

No disrespect to those that wear jeans. As I said, i really could care less how you look on the course, but you get labelled for a reason (unfortunately).

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
In high school, when we practiced every day immediately after school regardless of the weather, I would wear jeans on wet, muddy days to practice only. ALL matches were khakis.

Now, I wear khakis or shorts and never wear jeans to the course. I won't let my step son go to the course in jeans or without a collared shirt. His buddies do, and he brings it up. I simply tell him no.

Like Rock, I really don't care what you wear and will play 18 with you no matter what you show up in. I also agree with eclark's comment towards "judging a book".

Frankly, I have blindingly white (yet still sexy) legs and wear shorts all summer. Getting a tan is really way, way down the list of priorities. Caring about anyone else's opinion of me in shorts is even further down the list. Comfort, however, is fairly high.

To the original topic, I've noticed that some of the ladies are wearing shorter/tighter clothes. Of course, some of the men are wearing tighter clothes, also. If they're comfortable, more power to them. But honestly, I prefer the more traditional dressers on both tours.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I could care less what anyone else wears or doesn't wear. It's none of my business. I personally almost always wear decent pants. I never wear jeans on the course, and very, very rarely wear shorts. I think jeans looks trashy on a golf course, but if that's what someone wants to wear, then that's their business.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
There is a considerable difference in the talent level of people that dress
"appropriately" for the course. At least around here. You see a guy wearing jeans,
you know for a fact he's never cleaned his grooves in the last 15 years and will duck
hook two off the first tee, guaranteed.

Hmm, interesting. There's no such distinction around here. Other than a couple courses which are denim-free, I'm sure I've seen people in jeans almost everytime I've played all year long. One of the best golfers I got paired with was playing in jeans ( he was a couple under through nine ). I wore jeans, yesterday, in fact ( and didn't duck hook any off #1, and my grooves were clean ;) ).

More to the point, while there are obviously some bad golfers who wear jeans, there are plenty who wear slacks, too.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm with the what you wear is no business of mine group. I'll play a round with you as long as you have SOMETHING on, unless of course you're a well built and attractive woman and want to play nude, ;) , then I'll bend that rule as well. That being said, I respect the tradition of the game far to much to play in jeans. I have a closet full of khakis and a few golf specific pants that I wouldn't be caught dead in off the course. Unless it is scorching hot I seldom wear shorts on the course. My oldest step son has come over to play a few times in a t-shirt and I made him at least put on a polo, I can live with his jeans but draw the line at the t-shirt. But I have and will play with someone else no matter what they have on.

Come to think about it, I don't think I've even had on a pair of jeans in over 3 years. I still have some hanging in the closet, just don't wear them. But back when I did wear them all the time, I still wouldn't play golf in them.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
:D Nothing like wearing a concert Korn shirt, jeans, and a Steelers hat(as in, yesterday) and shooting 71. :D

That is funny when that happens, me and another single got paired up with a couple of older, traditional golfers. I was in shorts and a polo and he was an oilfield guy that had just got off work. They looked at him like WTF is he doing here, first tee he put one out about 315 on the first hole and ended up shooting 68. Was funny as hell to see their jaws drop when after that first hole.

I ended up playing 13-14 after work yesterday in jeans and was one of the better dressed people on the goat track a couple of miles from my office.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hmm, interesting. There's no such distinction around here. Other than a couple courses which are denim-free, I'm sure I've seen people in jeans almost everytime I've played all year long. One of the best golfers I got paired with was playing in jeans ( he was a couple under through nine ). I wore jeans, yesterday, in fact ( and didn't duck hook any off #1, and my grooves were clean ;) ).

More to the point, while there are obviously some bad golfers who wear jeans, there are plenty who wear slacks, too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to label anyone here. It just seems to fit more of a pattern.

Alot of course around here don't allow denim, sandals (even with spikes), shirts with no collar (this is more rare) and absolutely no heels. Don't laugh, you'd be surprised the number of guys that try to get on the course with shit-kickers. :faintthud

R35

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
my home course just in the last two or three years tightened up the rules on collared shirts and no denim. I never wear jeans, don't see how that is at all comfortable, but I am more a slacks guy anyway. You rarely see any chicks at the home course that are under 50 and at the point I don't care what they have on just hit your ball and get in the cart.

a little off topic since she wears long/bermuda shorts...what is your take on Suzann Petterson?? I really like her game and love the long blonde ponytail....but I just can't decide beyond that what I think of her.

jason

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
a little off topic since she wears long/bermuda shorts...what is your take on Suzann Petterson?? I really like her game and love the long blonde ponytail....but I just can't decide beyond that what I think of her.

jason
:idhitit:
Hey, somebody had to say it! :laugh:

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Except that WAS the topic, guys!

I want to know how many of you (Jeff aside) are out there in your shorts and skorts.

But as to Suzann, she's changed just about her entire game in the past year or so. I want to see her settle down in her swing--she could really dominate.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Claire...I agree she could really challenge Lorena for #1 and I hope she does. Her game I really like....maybe her attitude or just something about her personality makes her weird to me. Obviously we don't really know that much about golfers personalities besides what is shown during a round but she comes off just strange to me or something. She will definately take Annika's place as top european on tour. I hope the tour hangs on I think a good base is coming together with Lorena, Suzann, Paula and Yani Tseng.

Jason

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
You see the best golfers around here dressed very casually. I often play in jeans and barefoot, just stick my flipflops in the bag. People usually get upset when they see that, but I don't really care.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to label anyone here. It just seems to fit more of a pattern.

Alot of course around here don't allow denim, sandals (even with spikes), shirts with no collar (this is more rare) and absolutely no heels. Don't laugh, you'd be surprised the number of guys that try to get on the course with shit-kickers. :faintthud

R35

It's okay, I'm not insulted. That said, I think you were labelling demin-wearers pretty specifically.

I'm also surprised to hear that denim is lower on the scale than collared shirts up there; around here, it's the reverse. T-shirts are commonly prohibited, but jeans are usually allowed. I think most of these requirements are silly. A couple months ago, I played at a course for the first time. It was mid-summer, and hot, and I wore shorts and a 'nice' solid-black T-shirt. I got grouped with 3 other guys, and on the second green, one of them commented on my lack-of-collar. Turns out the course has a collared-shirt policy, although I don't know how they expect anyone to know, since it isn't on their website, scorecard, or pro-shop. Anyway, his comment was specifically that such rules are stupid, because I looked 'nicer' than any of them, in their long cargo shorts and untucked collared button-up shirts. Everyone in the group agreed, they looked like slobs ( and were somewhat proud of that ).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.