1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

As promised my Creation review...

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by VtDivot, Aug 23, 2007.

1. VtDivot

VtDivot SLIGHTERED Supporting Member

My swing profile:

I'm a swinger, not a hitter, smooth to mid tempo. Average SS is around 105 with the driver. I usually carry it about 260. Current set-up is 905R with YS-6+ S flex. When I am playing well this is one of the strongest parts of my game.... when I am not playing well, this is the first thing to go haywire.

That being said, my test subject was an Accuflex Creation 65 S flex shafted in a Nakashima opti-fit sorta head (really neat actually)

The first 6 holes I hit it all over the place. Duck hook on the first tee, big banana on 2 etc. I finally got my timing down on 7 and hit a great drive there and again on 9. I hit the ball solidly on the back and once I was grooving it, I decided to hit 905R and Nakashima head to head coming in the last 6 or so holes. The results were pretty much what I expected - I don't hit the Accuflex shafted club any further and my misses were magnified, plus I felt like I couldn't make it kick.

Conclusion, as a smooth swinger I really wasn't getting the feel I was used to from the looser YS series shaft. I think that someone that likes a boardier shaft would really like this one, it just doesn't fit my swing at all. This was pretty much exactly what I was expecting, and I'm not afraid to admit that I am less of a man than R35 ;)
  2. MIKE1218

MIKE1218 Top Bloke

I am now less anxious to try one of these, as I am also more of a swinger.
  3. DaveE

DaveE The golfer fka ST Champ

Thank you. I knew the Creation was too much shaft for me anyway but this ends all temptation.

Interesting that the last club I ho'd was when Rockford was here. Coincidence, I think not. :p
  4. Rockford35

Rockford35 Well, I was wearing Ecco..... Staff Member

Canada Canada
    Good review. And the less of a man thing has nothing to do with your golf game. :D

That being said, I think the key to this shaft is the transtion from the top. If you have a hard wrist move in the downswing and get the shaft to kick, as you mentioned, you'll hit it well. However, if you're more of a swinger/sweeper, you're not getting the full effect of the shafts best aspects.

I think there's a reason it only comes in S and X flexes, respectively.

As an aside, what did you think of that Htec head? I really liked the feel of it, it delivered some great shots for me, better than I have ever expected. I might vote Nakashima as my sleeper of the year having hit their wedges (bagged), irons and now a driver.

How was the dispersion, were you wild even after 'figuring it out'?

R35

PS...I'm moving this to the equipment forum. FYI...
  5. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Ahem. You mean to tell me that club is sitting in VT's basement not more than a 4.5hr. drive from my house? :laugh: I wanna hit it!! BTW, me hitting also is a pretty much a guaruntee Twofast hits it as well.

Can I purchase skymark insurance anywhere?
  6. Eracer

Eracer No more triple bogies!!

Sure. Send $450 to eracer@hotmail.com
  7. Rockford35

Rockford35 Well, I was wearing Ecco..... Staff Member

Canada Canada
    If you want a demo sent to you, I can make it happen.

R35
  8. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

This just saved me a bunch of money. Thanks. :)
  9. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

And if you ever happen to be in need of a transvestite dwarf.... Um, yeah, I'd be interested in trying that shaft out. PM me on the low down. :laugh:
  10. LyleG

LyleG gear head

Canada Canada

baaaahhaaaaaaaa
  11. The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire ...and loving it.

I don't want to threadjack, but the Creation has been a game changing shaft for me. I am in play. Misses are great. It is long. I was one over through 15 (then darkness came) on a really tough course yesterday. Played the course a month ago and shot 85. Big difference was tee shots and a semi-hot putter.

I do think I fit a unique swing profile though. Driver SS threatens 120 and occasionally surpasses.