• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Austin Amateur Breaks Ben Crenshaw's Course Record

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Jay Reynolds had a hot week in Austin. (Image: Lorenzo De Paolis)​
THIS FROM FACEBOOK FRIEND JAY REYNOLDS, who this past week played in the Austin Men's City Golf Championship.

"I did something pretty cool this week: broke Ben Crenshaw's 40-year-old course record at [Lions Municipal Golf Course], with a 60 in the first round of the Austin Men's City Championship," Reynolds said.

"Then fought off some great charges to win by 9 overall, shooting 69-74-67 the rest of the way. Pretty darn good week of golf for me, best in a long time. We have a fantastic local golf community and it was really fun to play so well and share it with so many people."

Reynolds' 60 included a 27 on the incoming nine. He finished the record-breaking round with an eagle 2 on the par-4 18th.

On Facebook, Jay got 500 likes and 100-plus comments offering congratulations. And he posted the above photo, which he granted me permission to use here.

We chatted a bit, and I mentioned Crenshaw.

Jay said, "Anytime you get to mention your name in the same paragraph as his, it's pretty cool."

Source: Austin Amateur Breaks Ben Crenshaw's Course Record

🔥 Latest posts