• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Awful quite around here regarding the NHL Playoffs

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
How great is this Boston-Montreal game.

It's so back and forth, it's insane. Boston just won't quit.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bruins wanted it more.

Playoff hockey is intense... teams full of european minis like Mtl and Ottawa don't win cups. Teams with big bad muthers on D like Scott Stevens and Pronger win cups.

I was hoping for a 1st round win against the Bruins, but knew we'd get pounded by the Rangers in round 2... looks like we might not even make it that far. There is no room out there for our cycle.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Montreal just wasn't hungry tonight. You could honestly tell Boston wanted it more.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Colorado - Minny game was excellent last night. Possibly the fasted game I have ever seen, the speed was unreal. Forsberg is still the king.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Im sad... I cant watch hockey here... no versus...

As soon as I get home next week Ill be commenting on everygame!!!

The Caps got to stand up for Huet, this is the same way that the Ducks got to the Canucks last year is they kept going after Luongo, obv knowing that he is the number 1 player, even moreso than most teams, but the goalie is the number 1 cuz he stops the pucks. Huet is young, which doesnt help him with that, but the caps got to stand up for him.

Impressed with the highlights ive seen of Carey Price, that kid is pure bred game 7 playoff starting goalie. He stays in position so well from the highlights ive seen, yea he's let in a few he shoulda had, but he recovers pretty well it seems and that will happen to every goalie, im rootin for the Habs.

GO HABS!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Impressed with the highlights ive seen of Carey Price, that kid is pure bred game 7 playoff starting goalie. He stays in position so well from the highlights ive seen, yea he's let in a few he shoulda had, but he recovers pretty well it seems and that will happen to every goalie, im rootin for the Habs.

GO HABS!

Thanks for the curse of death. ;)

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
For the first time in my young life, I'm cheering for the Bruins.

The only people that gave me trouble for the Leafs not making the playoffs were Habs fans.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Well, I would wish the Flyers fans good luck, but living this close to Philly and still getting the Comcast networks that would just be too much of a bitter pill to swallow.

I figure having to deal with the Philly networks should serve punishment enough. :)

That was a great game, and quite simply "Old School Hockey". The refs swallowed the whistle late in the 2nd period, and didn't make a call until the one that led to the winning Power Play goal, but I certainly can't blame them for making that call. It was simply a pleasure to watch, and should serve notice for future games.

I still wish the Philly announcers would fall off the face of the earth and have Morganti and possibly Therian take over that task since even though I am a Caps fan I still likely see more Flyers hockey than any other. Gene Hart would be rolling around in his grave if he saw where these guys have taken the announcing part of the sport.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
That was alright hockey. They actually started to stand up for Huet a bit, which they should have done all series. Upshall was just parked in front of the net, not hacking at the goalie or anything and he got an arm in the side and was instantly on the ground. It's the playoffs, it should be like that regardless if its Game 1 or Game 7.

I'm on my way to River City Sports tomorrow to pick up a Philidelphia shirt and New York Rangers shirt...can you guess who I'm cheering against?:prop:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I pulled hard for the Caps last night...still say the Flyers shouldn't have gotten goal #2...blatant interference IMHO.

So, I guess I'm pulling for Dallas in the West and Philly in the East...for now...

Wouldn't a Philly/Pittsburgh showdown be fun!

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
still say the Flyers shouldn't have gotten goal #2...blatant interference IMHO.
I kinda thought the same thing, and at first I thought he actually gave the sign to wave it off. Not sure why he changed his mind.

I really thought killing off the penalties at the end of 2 would mark a turning point, but then it seem like the Caps were really playing off their heals in the 3rd and playing for OT. Which never really seems to work out well for the Caps in the Playoffs. Certainly different from what they did in game 6 when going in 2~2

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Being a huge Flyers fan I am quite pleased with the result but not necessarily to way we got there.
Blew a good lead in game 1 and game 6. That kind of play needs to stop if they wish to go on. I think they have a good chance of getting by the Habs, especially if they rattle the rookie a bit in the first couple of games. Could very well be a Philly/Penguin eastern final.

🔥 Latest posts