• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad Sergio!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
He may be going through a tough time, I'm guessing, but it's time to call the ban hammer on El Nino. At the Open last week he flung his driver at his caddie after a poor swipe. Last night he took a bad drive out on the tee taking an almighty gauge out of the turf. When is it time to say enough!! He's probably the worst behaved pro on the tour over the years.

The governing bodies need to make an example of him by banning him. Or imposing some penalty shots. A financial fine will do no good as he is not going to change his petulant ways for a paltry $1k fine. By doing nothing it sends a message that this sort of behavior is OK.

I kinda like him, but this is going too far!! I'm no longer a fan.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've expressed my views of Sergio here before....I'd be fine if they banned him. He's done some ridiculous things on the golf course.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It looks like he doesn't like his Callaway clubs. Callaway should take them back. Maybe he could hook up with Wilson then.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If the PGA won't take action, Callaway should. There almost has to be a clause in his endorsement contract about professional representation of the brand. For so many of the pros, the endorsement contracts are worth more than the purse money they win.
If the PGA did impose some suspension, the R&A would almost need to mirror that suspension. Or, visa versa.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I don’t know what to make of Sergio. He does some things I really like. He does some things I don’t like. A question mark wrapped up in a conundrum.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What does he do that you like?

He plays good golf (at times). He’ll be lighthearted and have a joke and a laugh. When he’s like that he seems like a fun guy to be around. Then there’s his angry twin who visits from time to time.

I suspect that your Sergio Garcia is my John Rahm.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online