• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BangOmatic 401 12*

TourCraft

Aug 26, 2004
being the type who prefers carry over roll, i decided to try this combination out. its the 401 "nancy" blue bang o matic, shafted with a mercury pro-kevlar inserted 2". the result has been a fairway seeking missle launcher.

the 401 is a little smaller than the reg BOM (duh) and is forged instead of cast. im wondering if the head has a higher COG over the reg BOM as well. whatever its is, this head/shaft combo is producing peircing blasts with a nice arcing trajectory and doesnt ballon up (like my buddys all thought it would). the control is a snap, just aim and pull the trigger. my misses tend to be pushes but thats my fault and not the club's.

the finish on mine is navy blue with a slight amount of metal flake, not bad but i think the black (460) looks better. i was they'd do a black 401.

its not the longest thing ive hit (my 9* bangenstein is longer) but it was built to be a "go to" driver and its filling that roll nicely.

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
BOM 401

What length/SW are you playing in the BOM 401? I have a BOM 460 and like it very much, but I haven't quite got the right shaft in it yet. It's plenty long, but I have too soft a shaft in it at present, so direction isn't as dependable as I would like. Thinking about going to a shorter length (currently 45"), and possibly a steel shaft like the TX90.

By the way, my BOM is 10.5* and has a very piercing flight, too. After playing with the 460cc BOM for a while, I got a 391cc SMT Spectrum. The "regular" BOM at 460cc has a higher COG than the Spectrum and, I'm guessing, your 401. I found that I had to tee the ball higher to get optimum impact on the clubface, but had trouble finding the right tee height to hit a "burner" under a strong headwind. With the slightly smaller head on the Spectrum, both high shots and low burners are easier to get. Smaller head=more workable. Go figure.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.