• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Barbecuing advice needed...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah, I am going to try it all out, but diving into water for a beer is a little much for me, Bravo; maybe the pineapple thing would be cool, Sand...

I made a quick snack today in about 10 minutes from beginning to completion, practically... just a long hotdog with a bunch of cheese, and grilled peppers with some chips and a beer... grilled the bun too...

Grilled hotdogs are crazy delicious.

It is so quick to do, also, and less cleanup... :)

If you haven't already, try Nathans or Hebrew National. Both are very good on the grill.

I smoked a small brisket over the holiday weekend so I used my Weber instead of the bigger smoker and it came out great. I need to buy some ribs.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Fantastic spank! My parents bought a new gas barbecue today! I'm going to become a master of barbecuing and hopefully throw some good barbecue party's this summer!! I think anything done on the barbecue tastes better!

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Fantastic spank! My parents bought a new gas barbecue today! I'm going to become a master of barbecuing and hopefully throw some good barbecue party's this summer!! I think anything done on the barbecue tastes better!

It would certainly be a shame to do anything otherwise, my friend.

I rotisseried my first chicken yesterday (no pictures), and today I rotisseried two wonderful game hens... Oh, they were so good... Pics of Cornish game hens below about 20 minutes before darkening up, and finishing...
Cornish Hen 1.jpg
Rotisserie Hen 2.jpg
Hen 3.jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Those Dogs need a slice of bacon on top. :) I think they are called Texas Tommies. I can feel the arteries hardening as I type. :D

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Those Dogs need a slice of bacon on top. :) I think they are called Texas Tommies. I can feel the arteries hardening as I type. :D

That bacon addition is pretty hardcore; a little too hardcore for me, but then I eat 3 eggs over easy with 5 slices of bacon, and English muffins in butter, with coffee and real orange juice, quite often... I just don't think I want bacon on my hotdog... that is just me...

I am grilling 3 racks of ribs this weekend (5 hour cook time at low heat). Two of them are pork and one is beef, not to mention grilled hamburgers, and rotisseried chicken...

It will be my first time with the grilled hamburgers, so I am a touch nervous.:(

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Spank you are out of control. Good luck with the grilling this weekend. Post some more pics when you are done.

Did you see the hamburger recipie in the how to grill book that you just bought? It is the one with the butter pads in the middle. Those are really good. It makes the hamburgers really juicy.

I am planning my grilling menu for July 4th and I am thinking of making some beer can chicken for the first time.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I had mentioned earlier the Tortilla pizza. Here are a few I threw together after golf yesterday as we were too lazy to go out, and I always keep Pizza sauce or Salsa and Tortillas around the house. These where with things I had in the fridge. Garlic, Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Jalapeños,and of course cheese. Took about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.

tonysopper

Jun 14, 2007
The fact is, you will never real full grilling potential until you master the charcoal grill. Higher learning curve = better tasting meat

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The fact is, you will never real full grilling potential until you master the charcoal grill. Higher learning curve = better tasting meat

While true, having used charcoal and gas, charcoal is such a pain.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I had mentioned earlier the Tortilla pizza. Here are a few I threw together after golf yesterday as we were too lazy to go out, and I always keep Pizza sauce or Salsa and Tortillas around the house. These where with things I had in the fridge. Garlic, Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Jalapeños,and of course cheese. Took about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.

Beauties...I'll give this a try soon....

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006

That is one of the things that I do want to learn.

But with the propane grill I can make a grilled hotdog, in 6 minutes, with the cheese melted, and grill marked jalepenos... :)

I used propane to barbecue 3 ribs last weekend for 7 hours; they were really, really good... I have no doubt that smoked ribs must be out of this world; and I will do it. :laugh:

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Tortilla pizza maker,

Those look REALLY good... Making the pizza was quite the complicated affair (the one with the pictures above), but tortillas?

That sounds much quicker!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
We prefer thin crust, and a big reason we like these. I did see something yesterday that may be good if you like a little thicker Crust. Just yesterday, our clubhouse made a guy one with a Pita, the same way I make mine. I will be sticking with the Tortilla's, as they are perfect for us, but thought is was worth mentioning.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.