• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Barbecuing advice needed...

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Yesterday was a full chicken grilled on a borrowed charcoal grill with hickory smoke, plus 2 full pork ribs, and too much other food mention besides the grilled shrimp, etc...

Here is a couple of pictures of my 9lb. pork shoulder after about 7 hours...

...couple more hours to go. :)

Pulled pork sandwiches coming up next. :laugh:
pork shoulder 1.jpg
pork shoulder 2.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just made pulled pork today. Feck me, was it good. 8 hours for mine.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nope. Don't need to. Just cook it in it's own juices, the heat does the work for you.

I cooked two filets last night too. Wrapped those bad boys in bacon, some salad, BBQ'd potatoes...oh man.

BBQ rules.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ha! I was going through some folders and found these pics. Just for you, Spanker.

An 8oz bacon wrapped filet, lightly seasoned with Montreal.

The other is a salmon steak for the lady. Peppercorn medly and fresh lemon rind as seasoning.

R35
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg

OP
spankdoggie

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
Ha! I was going through some folders and found these pics. Just for you, Spanker.

An 8oz bacon wrapped filet, lightly seasoned with Montreal.

The other is a salmon steak for the lady. Peppercorn medly and fresh lemon rind as seasoning.

R35

Now that is just crazy delicious!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::hunter:

Wow!

You win! :beach3:

Nice going rocky,

spank

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Now that is just crazy delicious!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::hunter:

Wow!

You win! :beach3:

Nice going rocky,

spank

Oh, it's not a contest. It's more like sharing a common bond between friends. :laugh:

If you're ever in town, I'll whip you up something nice.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Rock:

Do you marinate your fish in anything before cooking on the grill?? (I need a new fish marinade recipe)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock:

Do you marinate your fish in anything before cooking on the grill?? (I need a new fish marinade recipe)

B,

A wise man once said that meat is to be enjoyed in it's glory, there is no need to marinate. I agree with this, to a point.

That being said, I don't have any good marinades. Lutefisk, perhaps. :laugh:

I have an awesome fish recipe book at home that is seriously the Alaskan King Crab to the Zebra Mussle (A-Z's) of fish. It has a wonderful preface about almost every damn fish under the sun. Then, the next 1000 pages are recipes of everything from the ocean.

I'll have a look. You into Mediterannean flavours? Spicy? Quick recipes? Overnights (I think a rule of thumb is that fish only marinates for 20 minutes)?

R35

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
last night i fired up the ol' smoker with some lump charcoal...brought the heat up to about 230 ....threw on some steak that had marinated for 5 hours and some deer sausage....cooked it long and slow....man it was good....i should have taken pics...i think ill do a pork loin this weekend...cooked long and low heat

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
last night i fired up the ol' smoker with some lump charcoal...brought the heat up to about 230 ....threw on some steak that had marinated for 5 hours and some deer sausage....cooked it long and slow....man it was good....i should have taken pics...i think ill do a pork loin this weekend...cooked long and low heat

I've never been able to get a pork tenderloin to come out when I try to do long and slow. Grilled one yesterday and was just very careful not to overcook. The wife made a very good mango salsa and some brown rice. Yummy.

Oh, just found out my wife won a contest at her work and we're getting a box of Omaha steaks. There is a choice of six different packages one of which is 8 fillets. I'm leaning towards that one.

Here are the choices.
http://www.osincentives.com/gifs/boardroom.pdf

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Dave:

I used to order Omaha Steaks...every one was very lean and superb quality...

Rock:

I love Mediterranean flavours. If your fish recipe book has any recommendations, let me know...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Dave:

I used to order Omaha Steaks...every one was very lean and superb quality...

Rock:

I love Mediterranean flavours. If your fish recipe book has any recommendations, let me know...

Any cut you liked better than the rest or are they all good?

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
Dave you just got to cook it long and slow...and take it up about 5-10 degrees early ... plus try using a bit of cinnamon if you use a rub...makes it so sweet and yummy

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.