• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Battle of the Services Tourney!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
This Tuesday is our community's Battle of the Services (Army, AF, Navy, Marines). Each service has 5 two-person teams. Each two-person team plays another service 2-person team in 3 six-hole skirmishes. Holes 1-6 are scramble, 7-12 are modified alternate shot, and 13-18 are modified better ball. The modifications are each person tees off and then play ensues from the chosen tee ball. Each skirmish is worth 1 point and a 4th point goes to the low 18 hole score. It all gets tallied up at a spaghetti dinner that night. SWMBO and I are a team. I'm a 13 and she's a 30. Hopefully they can match us with a similar skilled team. Good times - results in a few days. :)

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
SWMBO and I played well enough to win the 1st & 3rd skirmish as well as the low 18 total, so we beat our opponents 3 to 1. The middle skirmish was alternate shot and it was "interesting" when a 13 capper and a 30 capper that are married are trading turns. We handled it WAY better than hanging wallpaper together. The Navy won the event with the most points, USAF 2nd, Marines 3rd and Army last. It was followed by an excellent dinner.

Oh, I stuck my tee shot on the 2nd closest to the hole contest to 2' 10" FTMFW! :cool:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.